Part 9

the boy's had gotten home very late Sunday night and so I woke up Monday morning with a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, Luke had snuck in last night and fell asleep in my bed. "when did you get here" I ask the still very sleepy boy 

"mm like 1am we got back late" he says in his very croaky morning voice which I love "i missed you" "i missed you too" he says while pulling me tighter. 

"Would you like to come to a family dinner tonight at 7" I get asked "mmm I think practice ends at 7:15 so I might be a bit late" "that's fine i'll text Jack now". 

As he's texting just my thoughts take over "what if they don't like me Luke" I blurt out and his attention is on me now.

 "There going to love you plus you already know Jack and mom know's you so it's basically just a reunion at this point" I laugh at his comment and hide my face in his neck as he keep's texting Jack.

 The end of the semester is approaching far too soon and my first final is in 8 days, Luke goes back to his dorm while I grab my stuff and head to the UGLI to study which lasted from 11 in the morning to about 4 in the afternoon. 

Once back in my dorm I was absolutely starving so I made some oats and took my time to eat it because all of the study took the life out of me. I had gotten ready for practice with about 10 minutes walking time to spare so I had to pick up the pace a bit.

alexjames3 instagram story

"i'm actually so nervous because what if they hate me at the start and I have to sit there for like another knowing they hate" I say to Natalie in the locker room getting ready for practice "i'm sure they'll love you and Lukes a good guy I think i...

"i'm actually so nervous because what if they hate me at the start and I have to sit there for like another knowing they hate" I say to Natalie in the locker room getting ready for practice "i'm sure they'll love you and Lukes a good guy I think if he saw you were uncomfortable he would do something, what are you even wearing?" "mmmmm I packed jeans and a sweater with some nicer shoes but I hope that my hair doesn't get to messy cause I have to run to get there". Unlike my last few practices this one was great I worked on floor Choreo with Bev and then had a muck around on bars before bravely attempting fix my relation ship with the beam. When practice was called to a close I rushed to the locker room to get changed, Jessie fixed my hair while I put on some makeup then spritzed myself with perfume hopping to mask the smell of my sweat from practice. I said my goodbyes to the team and received some good lucks as I started my dash across campus to the small restaurant that they were at. 

Luke ❣️

i'm walking now give me like 10 minutes

Luke ❣️

mom can't stop talking about how excited she is to meet you and Jack want's to see baby pictures of Lucas

I laugh at the text as I walk, Outside the restaurant my heart beat started to pick up a bit and as soon as I walk through the door I spot them smiling. 

"oh my goodness hello!" Ellen says excitedly standing up to hug me and so does everyone else greeting me in different ways all smiling and happy so so far so good. 

As I sit down next to Luke and Jack Jim starts to ask me about gymnastics "so you were an elite gymnast for usa" he asks "yup for like 4 years" I say.

 "Did you enjoy it because i've heard a lot of people say some things about it" Ellen speaks up while looking at the menu "uhhh yea for the most part but like I wouldn't really recommend to people". 

"did you win much?" Jack asks "yea 4 four championships and a few all round Americans are like the main ones" "holy shit" Quinn says from across the table "language" Ellen scould's and I laugh. 

The rest of the dinner went really well talking to them about gymnastics, my brothers and my internship and learning things about there family too I honestly had a really great time.

Me and Luke said our goodbyes for the evening because we would be seeing them tomorrow for Lukes game and on Friday for my meet. 

"See I told you they would love you" Lukes as he takes my hand and holds it in his as we walk "i'm glad they do because I really like them" and Luke plant's a kiss on my forehead.