Part 17

after hours of crying in Luke arms I fell asleep and now I wake up with my face incredibly puffy,

 my chest heavy and a fucking painful headache "hey baby" Luke says to me when he notice I finally woke up.

"Do you come downstairs and get some water and some Advil and then we can go take a shower? that might make you feel better huh" he says softly stroking my hair "mhm" is all I reply with before following Luke downstairs surprisingly to no one else downstairs.

once in the kitchen I grab a glass and get some water while Luke gets the Advil from the medicine cabinet that I had organised a few days earlier, "here you go" Luke says handing me two Advil capsules and I swallow them down with water before setting my glass down the counter and heading back upstairs to me and Lukes bathroom to have a shower. 

Once out of the shower dried off and in clean clothes we headed back to bed "god i'm gonna have to see everyone aren't I" I say "but nothings gonna change because it doesn't change your, it doesn't define you as a person everyone is still gonna see you as the Alex we all know and love ok nothings gonna change" Luke reassures me "ok" I say snuggling my head back into his chest.

 The hours of the day tick by slowly, I finally look at my phone my text messages are filled with my teammates, the hockey team, my friends, my family, Jack and Quinn sending me kind messages that all touch my heart.

 I then go check twitter. Mixed messages is what I get, mostly supportive and then there was the many messages coming for mainly 40 year old or women whose bios are "mom of 4, Luke 6:35, kindness wins!" . 

"hey Luke" "yea" "I think i'm gonna come to training today" I say "you sure?" he aks "yea i'm sure" "ok well some of the boys are coming back after for dinner tonight too" "ok, well I better get ready" I say getting out of bed and walking into our bathroom to start getting ready. 

Once I was done and changed I went downstairs where I was met with the face of Ethan he gave me a smile before walking over to me and pulling me into a hug which is not a very Ethan thing to do. 

"I'm proud of you Alex" he says pulling away from the hug and before I could reply mark comes racing down the stairs looking a bit too excited for training "hell yeah! you're coming to training? I thought Brian was gonna have to tape my back again he can't do it like you do" Mark says when he see's me ready to leave "In the car or we are gonna be late" Luke says in a stern voice "jeez I didn't think he would turn into our mom" Mackie says to me as we are walking out the door and I laugh at the comment.

 Once we got to yost I walked back into my office setting my things down before walking to Coach Pearsons office but I was stopped on halfway on my short journey by Nolan who sprinted down the hallway when he say me bringing me in a hug "YOUR BACK!" He says loudly and excited "hello to you to mr captain" I laugh into the hug. 

Later on The freshman came and introduced themselves to me while I gave them their pre training treatments and then my regular faces started flowing into my office before training started. 

While the boys were in training I spent my time on chores around yost which included, stocking up the fuel room snacks (I felt like those ladies on TikTok with the really clean pantries), Starting the Ice Bath, sorting out stuff in the locker room and filling out injuring prevention reports. 

My office was full post practice. Seemed everyone missed me too much. We got back to our house at around 7:30 and then the team started to show up up like 7:45. This was just a small start of the season team get together where Nolan brought us shit tons of pizza and maybe a bit of alcohol and I had quite a bit of said alcohol. 

It really took the stress of my shoulder I was dancing around with Mackie and Ethan who had both had something to drink and the Dancing Queen came on and my energy was through the roof. After a while of dancing I walking back into the kitchen to get another and while getting my drink a pair of arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from the drink 

"I think that's enough for you missy and time for you to get to bed" Luke says "you sound like my mother" I say turning around into his arms with a pouty face "mhm and I think your mother would be happy of what I am doing right now" He says back with an attitude 

"ok well I will only go to bed if you give me cuddles" I say leaning into his chest "well it looks like your going to bed" Luke says pulling me up the stairs. Once I had gotten changed and taken my makeup I had found myself in Lukes arms and passed out.

 Once I had gotten changed and taken my makeup I had found myself in Lukes arms and passed out

liked by eblue6, edwards

liked by eblue6, edwards.73 and more 

umichhockey Michigan Hockey 22-23 seasons trainers

- Brian Brewster Head Athletic Trainer

- Alex James Athletic Trainer Intern

view all 244 comments . . .

jackhughes ok miss employed  

alexjames3 👩‍💼

lhughes06 alex this mean your done doing ur training on me?

alexjames3 never 😈😈

nolan_moyle doing gods work 🙏