Chapter 7 - Under the Sun

I knew that I was home even before the bag was taken off of me. I could feel it, the woman removed the sack, I was on a mountain, overlooking the small town of Forks, little ways from there, LaPush beach with the little houses bordering the edge of the cliff

It was cold, snow capped mountains and trees heavy with layers of white snow surrounded us. The woman dumped me next to a rock before she climbed up a tree at super human speed. She stayed there the whole day, never moving, silently watching out into the distance. I watched too, wondering where Tristan was, whether he was going to be okay. I kept my hunger at bay by eating snow. The water filled my stomach but it didn't prevent my longing for food, proper solids.

Neveah... I heard Edward whisper. I swallowed. reply...

"Who is she?" I whispered out loud.

She's-

"We're moving out," the woman was suddenly next to me. She stared at me coldly, with blood red eyes. "Let's go," the woman held out the jute, waiting, I knew the possibility of me getting away was very slim. Hesitantly, I got into the bag, the woman tied the top tightly. I felt my weight shift as she threw me over her shoulder. The movements were suddenly very smooth, I felt weightless inside the bag. Her feet ran smoothly across the ground, never breaking in rhythm.

I felt her direction change, instead of being pushed back into the bag, away from the woman's back, I was suddenly pushed downwards. The woman was moving upwards, and then she halted. I was removed from the bag.

The sky suddenly swerved as I realised where I was, The woman had climbed up a tree, I was balancing on a branch.

I screamed, my vision swerving I tilted forward, grabbing the branch tightly as I fell. The woman grumbled, grabbing me by my collar and pinning me against the tree trunk.

"Keep. Quiet." she said angrily. I whined softly, her hand sunk into my chest a little deeper. "Didn't I make myself clear?" she asked, tilting her head slightly. Something in me shifted, suddenly I wasn't a scared abducted girl, I was strong. The fueling fear in my chest turned into burning anger, my blood boiled and I sucked in my breath, rolling my tongue in my mouth before spitting into the woman's face.

I grinned as she breathed in deeply, angrily. She wiped off the spit and seized me by my neck. I choked, every once of anger now drained out into fear. The woman threw me onto the end of the branch. I grabbed the end with my hand, clinging for my life. There I stayed, hands and knees locked into rigid grasps.

"You messed with the wrong woman." she hissed, a low grumble in her throat. She opened her mouth to reveal a set of perfect white teeth snarling as she leaned closer to me. I closed my eyes bracing myself for the attack...

... but nothing came.

I peeked at her, she was staring out into the distance, all anger gone. No, now it was excitement. Swiftly, she swung me onto her back and lept down from the tree, she galloped now, on all fours, moving faster than ever. The scenery began to change, growing colder, and paler with every second.

"Victoria!" she halted, I would have flown off of her back if she hadn't been able to catch me in time. It was Riley, he ran up to her and they shared a quick kiss.

"Are you ready?" he asked

"Yes," Victoria licked her lips. "And this time, she's mine." she added.

"What do you want me to do with her?" Riley asked, nodding his head towards me.

"Carry her, she's our gift,"

I tried to run, I could have gotten down to the town and been with Tristan, but Riley was too quick, He picked me up and was running after Victoria, hurtling over trees and rocks. They slowed to a walk and Riley swung me down, holding me in a choke hold, one arm wrapped around my neck, the other tight around my waist. He walked forward slowly, turning a corner. I saw Edward and another girl, both of them standing side by side, Edward had a protective arm covering the girl.