Chapter 8 - Preparing for Battle

Seth

"...are you even listening?" Leah pushed me on my shoulder, knocking me off of the fallen tree trunk.

"Leah! What the hell!" I grumbled, I got up and walked away from her angrily.

"Hey, Seth," Leah ran up to me "I'm sorry, just, you've been acting really weird lately." I shrugged her off. Leaning against a tree. There was a moment of silence, and then Leah scoffed.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"You too?" she said in disbelief. She took a swig from our water bottle. "Wow, this imprinting thing is out of hand."

"It's not like I could help it..."

"No, of course not. But, you're my brother, and you're fourteen for god's sake! Live a little longer!"

"I'm Fourteen," I said exasperatedly. "Besides, At least Sam and the others know where their loves are, I don't even know if Neveah is alive." I waited for a snarky comment, but Leah didn't say anything. I turned, she was in wolf form, a light grey color. Her clothes were folded neatly on the ground and she pointed her snout towards the hill.

I sighed, stripped off my clothes and phased, into a wolf, my complexion was more hazel brown, a rich colour.

Everybody meets in one minute, Sam's voice ordered. No weird thoughts,

Leah took off, I followed her, just keeping in pace, and faster and I would have been left behind. We arrived in a small clearing, Sam was already there, his fur jet black along with Paul, Quil, Jared, Embry and Jacob. Everyone was in their wolf form.

How are you keeping up, Seth? Jacob asked privately.

Never thought I would imprint before you, I replied. He growled lightly, shaking his head comically at me.

Let's go, they're waiting for us on the other side of these trees. Sam ran off, Quil, Paul and Jared following closely behind. Leah paused for a second, waiting to look at me before she ran off too.

Come on, Seth, Practice time Jacob galloped off and I followed. It was weird this alliance between the cullens and the wolf pack. But if it was for the safety of a human, Sam would always be obliging and especially since Jacob liked Bella. We ran over the hill, as always, the Cullens stood in pairs, Alice and Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett, Esme and Carlisle, and though Bella wasn't part of the family, she stood with Edward. They were all facing us already when we arrived, sensing us from a kilometre away.

"Let's get to work," Carlisle said. Jasper had really cool moves, he showed us how to fight, then we paired up with a vampire and fought against each other. Working on the new skills that we had learned.

The unfortunate thing was that the vampires never got tired, so when we were tired, we had to speak up. Training was good and everybody ran off with good and happy thoughts.

Seth, come on, mum's waiting and you need to work on your chem homework. Leah grumbled, a low purr running over her body

I'll be right behind you, I replied

That's what you said last time,

This time is different.

Leah rolled her eyes but trotted off, I turned and walked over to Edward, he caught my gaze and waited in position until I was in front of him. He could read my thoughts

Anything? I thought to myself

"I've been tracking her, so has Alice," Edward responded calmly. I whined softly. "It's harder, it's not my forte, but she's with Victoria. Alice can't see her future, it keeps changing."