Chapter 9 - Plan

Where the hell is Seth? Embry yelled

I'm coming as fast as I can! I protested, I willed my paws to move faster.

God Seth, Why didn't you just come home?

Shut up, Leah! The anger gave me a little boost and I ran faster, stumbling downhill the last couple of steps before rolling down in front of Sam.

Now that everyone's here, Sam spoke, I grumbled irritably and went to take my place next to Jacob. I got word from the Cullens that the storm is hitting tomorrow, Everyone is to spend the night in the woods. We'll be moving out before dawn tomorrow morning.

The pack mumbled amongst each other, I could hardly wait, soon I would be bringing Neveah home safely.

Jacob, You'll be taking the first shift tonight and take care of Bella and Edward. Sam instructed, Jacob dipped his head in acknowledgement. Seth, you'll take the shift tomorrow.

No fair! I yelped at Sam, Why is it always me?

Because you're the youngest, Leah snapped. I growled and lunged to attack her, we fought for a couple of minutes before Sam spoke up.

Cut it out! He ordered, we both stood meekly, snapping a few growls at each other before returning to our places. Seth, you will take the shift tomorrow, there is no question about it. Stay out of the fight.

I whined but one stern look shut me up. The meeting went by pretty quickly after that, I refused to go home, instead running up to the mountain where I would take care of Bella and Edward in the morning. I heard Leah calling for me but I didn't want to talk to her anymore. I stayed up there, eating a young elk for lunch before waiting patiently for the next morning. Even though I was a couple of miles away from the camping site, I could still hear Edward and Bella at the campsite. I could hear Jacob too.

Go sleep Seth, Jacob thought to himself

I've slept enough. I replied, I made myself comfortable in the snow, waiting anxiously for morning. The sun disappeared fairly quickly, soon clouds had overtook the sky and the temperature began to drop a couple of degrees. Small speck of white began to flutter from the sky, I curled up and fell asleep, my dreams drifting in and out of the others' consciousness until finally slipped into my own dreams.

~~~

"Hi, Seth," I turned around, but there was no one in sight. "Up here," I looked up. Neveah smiled at me and jumped down gracefully from the tree branch.

"Neveah! How did you get here?" I ran up to her quickly phasing back into my human form. Thankfully I had managed to slip some shorts on.

"Unwillfully actually," she said. Something was different about Neveah, everything about her was more, perfect... And I couldn't hear her heartbeat anymore. I took a cautious step back.

"What's wrong?" she asked, stepping forward. She smiled, but her eyes were dead. I backed away quickly but she followed keeping in pace with me. "Seth?" she asked, her voice suddenly whimpering.

"Nev, you've changed..." I said in disbelief, I was trapped now, she was directly in front of me, my back was against a rock.

"I have no idea what you're talking about,"

"Stop it, stop lying."

"Seth," Her eyes glowed, I was drawn in. "You're feeling sick,"

"I'm feeling sick," I mumbled, immediately, nausea filled me, but that didn't matter. All that mattered were those beautiful big golden eyes of hers.