The spirit tree

Chapter 5 🐠

Nylah'a, Neteyam, Tsireya, Roxto, Lo'ak , Ao'nung, Tuk and Kiri were all sitting down my the shore as Lo'ak explained the events that had happened the day before when he met the tulkun with no fin.

"I wish I had been there." Kiri said in awe. "The ocean blessed you with a gift brother."

"The Tulkun have not returned yet." Ao'nung explained. "Anyway no tulkun is ever alone."

"This one was." Lo'ak replied. "He had a missing fin, like a stump on the left side."

"Poor Tulkun." Tuk said sadly.

Tsireya and Nylah'a exchanged a worried look.

"Payakan." Tsireya said to Lo'ak. "It's Payakan."

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked.

"A young bull who went rogue. He's outcast, alone and he has a missing fin." Roxto explained.

"They say he is a killer." Nylah'a said facing Lo'ak then looking back up to Neteyam.

"No" Lo'ak replied.

"He killed Na'vi, and other Tulkuns." Ao'nung states. "Not here but far to the south."

"No, he's no killer." Lo'ak replied.

"Lo'ak you are lucky to be alive." Tsireya said grabbing onto Lo'aks arm.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life. He's my friend."

Neteyam looked over to Nylah'a before getting up to walk over to Lo'ak and places his hands on Lo'aks shoulders.

"My baby bro, the mighty warrior, who faced a killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it." Neteyam laughed to himself.

"You guys aren't listening." Lo'ak got up and walked away from the group towards the ocean.

"Lo'ak i'm listening." Tuk replied.

"Lo'ak." Nylah'a yelled.

"Lo'ak come back." Kiri yelled.

"You Skxawng." Kiri said to Neteyam.

"That was harsh Ney." Nylah'a said to Neteyam.

Neteyam had a look of guilt and regret on his face after he said that to his brother.

Nylah'a walked off from the group aswell heading to go for a swim.

Neteyam followed.

"Hey Nylah'a!" Neteyam yelled from the distance.

Nylah'a didn't turn around.

Neteyam ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Hey are you mad at me?" Neteyam asked Nylah'a.

Nylah'a sighed.

"No, I just feel bad, Lo'ak was trying to tell us something and we all just basically ignored him." Nylah'a replied.

"I know, what I said was too far, I should've just tried to understand what my brother was saying." Neteyam said grabbing onto Nylah'as arm.

"Come here." Neteyam said pulling Nylah'a in for a hug.

Neteyam and Nylah'a hugged and Nylah'a took a deep breath.

After a few moments Nylah'a broke the hug.

"Hey, my siblings and I were planning on taking youse to our spirit tree later at eclipse." Nylah'a told Neteyam. "It's most beautiful at eclipse."

"You can count me in." Neteyam replied.