She was my spirit sister

Chapter 17💌

That same rainy day, Toniwari and Ronal had heard word of a problem out on the reef so they went to check it out, joined by Jake and Neytiri. They rode out to where they saw a dead Tulkun floating above the water.

They swam over to the Tulkun to identify, as the the Tulkun had the clan markings on its body. Ronal quickly claim to realise that it was her Spirit sister.

Ronal hopped off her ilu swimming over to her Spirit sister in complete distress. She hoped on to the fin and placed her hands on her face. She quickly turned around to notice her Spirit sisters baby also dead right next to her Mother.

Ronal sobbed placing her hand back on her Tulkuns face. She let out a small painful scream.

"Her name is Ro'a." Toniwari told Neytiri and Jake.

"She was my spirit sister." Ronal said in pain. "She was the composer of songs. Much revened, we would sing together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf, the clan was so happy for her."

Jake and Neytiri looked at the dead Tulkun with a sad expression across their faces.

"What is this Toniwari?" Ronal screamed in pain. "What is this!"

Toniwari comforted Ronal as Jake and Neytiri swam around the Tulkun to investigate, where they came upon a tracking device.

~

In the sully hut.

Nylah'a and Neteyam had been laying together watching as the rain poured over the ocean.

"I kind of enjoy rainy days." Nylah'a confessed.

"I loved them back in the forest." Neteyam replied. "Droplets of water falling off the leaves, drinking the fresh rain water. Mother comforting us when we were little and scared of the storms."

"That sounds beautiful."

"I really hope I'm able to show it to you one day." Netayam replied.

"I'd like that."

Netayam leaned down to kiss Nylah'a. They shared a kiss for a brief moment when the village horn was sounded.

"The horn." Nylah'a said hopping up. "We have to go!"

"What is it?" Netayam asked.

"I'm not sure let's go find out." Nylah'a replied.

~

The rode over to the clan on their ilus. Everyone was in distress.

Nylah'a and Neteyam ran up to Tsireya who was sobbing her eyes out.

"Reya what is it, tell me?" Nylah'a asked.

"It's Ro'a." Tsireya blurted out. "She was murdered by the sky people."

"No." Nylah'a said in pain. "No no no."

Tsireya sobbed.

Nylah'a started uncontrollably crying.

Netayam brought her to his chest and cuddled her head into his chest.

"Nylah'a I'm so sorry." Netayam apologised.

"Ro'a was my mothers spirit sister." Nylah'a explained sobbing while speaking. "Her calf was supposed to my mothers baby's Spirit brother."

Nylah'a cried.

"Oh Nylah'a." Netayam said feeling Nylah'as pain.

Tsireya grabbed her sister as their parents made way to the centre of the clan.