I wouldn't do that to you.

Chapter 9 🐠

The guys were out swimming and fishing and engaging in stupid conversation.

"Bro, you are so whipped for my sister it's kind of embarrassing." Ao'nung joked to the group.

"Shut up bro." Neteyam replied.

"What do you know about girls Ao'nung?" Lo'ak  also replied.

Roxto laughed. Ao'nung death stared him.

"I'm just saying like your life revolves around her, it's sad. How you ever going to complete your dream hunt when all you do is follow my sister around all day?" Ao'nung explained.

"What about Lo'ak and Tsireya?" Neteyam asked.

"They're not as bad as you and my sister, always sneaking off, walking together staring into the sunset." Ao'nung laughed. "Get a life bro. You'll never be good enough for the future Tsahik, forest boy!"

Roxto laughed with him.

"You too can shut the hell up because you both suck up to my sister so much and she couldn't even care less about your existence." Neteyam said angrily riding off.

Roxto and Ao'nung looked at each other in confusion.

"Savage." Lo'ak laughed.

Lo'ak followed after Neteyam.

"Hey bro, don't let those two idiots get in your head." Lo'ak told Neteyam.

"Too late." Neteyam replied.

"You care about her, there's nothing wrong with that." Lo'ak explained.

"That's the thing, I don't just care for her, it's so much more than that." Neteyam explained.

"Bro." Lo'ak replied.

"Maybe this is going to fast, I will never be good enough for her. I should be focused on my training and my family. Lately I've been neglecting all that. I'm not going to become a strong warrior like Dad if I don't stay focused." Neteyam explained.

"So what, your just going to cut her off? You can't do that, It'll break her, and even more important it will break you." Lo'ak said hysterically. "Just because you let Ao'nungs dumb words get into your head?"

"I need to be alone, Brother." Neteyam said to Lo'ak riding off.

"Bro!" Lo'ak yelled from the distance.

~

Nylah'a then later ran into a sad looking Neteyam. She approached him.

"Hey are you okay?" Nylah'a asked kindly.

"I can't talk, I'll catch up later." Neteyam replied brushing her off and walking away.

"Wow." Nylah'a said to herself.

Later on that day the same thing happened, Neteyam brushed Nylah'a off like she was nothing.

So Nylah'a went to seek comfort in her sister.

~

The two sat down on the beach organising sea shells.

"I don't know what's up with Neteyam, he's being ignoring me all day." Nylah'a explained to Tsireya.

Tsireya sighed with a knowing look in her eye.

Nylah'a turned to her and looked her in the eyes, knowing something was up.

"You know something." Nylah'a said with suspicion. "Spill, now."

Tsireya sighed again.

"Okay. Lo'ak mentioned something to me earlier." Tsireya explained. "Ao'nung said something to him about basically how he's lost his man hood and will never be good enough for you and and how he would never complete his dream hunt as long as he's seeing you."

"Did he agree?" Nylah'a asked.

"I'm not sure but Lo'ak said he was saying some really weird stuff earlier about needing to focus and how he's only going to bring you down." Tsireya explained the rest.

"Wow, I can't believe this." Nylah'a expressed. "I need to sort this out, this can't be true."

A single tear drops down Nylah'as face.

"I gotta go, Sister." Nylah'a said getting up from the sand.

"Where are you going?" Tsireya asked.

"I need to clear my head." Nylah'a said running towards the water.

~

Later on that day Nylah'a was walking along the sand with her head down and a frown on her face. When she saw Neteyam walking along the shore. Rage came over her and she went to confront Neteyam.

"After everything we've been through together, your just throwing it all away." Nylah'a said with pain in her voice.

"Nylah'a I-

"No, no need to explain yourself, I've already heard what you have to say." Nylaha yelled. "I thought you were smarter than that, but you let my brother get into your head."

"It's not like that, I don't know what you've heard but I'm not just cutting you out." Neteyam tried to explain. "I just feel like I'm not good enough for you and you should be with someone from the clan, not a forest boy like me."

"Why would you ever think that your not good enough for me, I don't want someone else from the clan, your stupid to even listen to my brother. I wouldn't do this to you. Especially not after everything." Nylah'as voice cracked.

A tear dropped down Neteyams face.

"I'm trying to do what's best for you, I didn't have the guts to explain myself so I just thought if I ignored you, it would be easier." Neteyam explained.

"I don't know why your being like this Neteyam, but your first mistake was listening to my brother and your second, was not just talking to me about it." Nylah'a whimpered. "That's on you."

"I'm sorry, Nylah'a." Neteyam apologised.

"Save it!" Nylah'a snapped. "I don't want to be around you right now."

Nylah'a ran and dove into the water, riding on her ilu out into the reef.

As almost everything in Neteyam was saying to follow her, he decided to respect her wishes.  Two tears dropped down his face as he walked away from the beach.

Nylah'a rode off in pain. Like her heart was breaking. She felt stupid. Like a Skxawng.

~

Later~

Tsireya ran up-to a extremely sad Neteyam in distress.

"Neteyam, have you seen my sister?" Tsireya asked.

"No." Neteyam lied.

"Brother your crying, what happened?" Lo'ak asked.

"We got into a fight, she said she needed space. She dove out to the reef." Neteyam said sadly. "She was really upset and it was all my fault. Because I was an idiot, I should've never listened to Ao'nung I let him get into my head. Now I might of lost the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Oh Lo'ak." Tsireya said softly.

"When I got lost out in the reef, I was attacked. If Payakan wasn't there to save me I would've been dead. Nylah'a is out there by herself right now." Lo'ak explained.

"Oh my Eywa! We have to go get her." Tsireya yelled.

Neteyam looked up and as soon as he heard that Nylah'a might be in danger he didn't waste a second before running into the water diving in and riding his ilu straight out to the reef.

"Go get the rest of the group, and tell our parents!" Neteyam yelled before diving under.

"Okay bro!" Lo'ak shouted back.

Laying on a rock in the coral, Nylah'a sat there thinking about everything. Not knowing that her life was about to be at risk.

End of chapter 9💌

Get keen for next chapter and thankyou for reading xx