Payakan.

Welcome to chapter 8!

Lo'ak was out secretly meeting with Payakan. Little did he know the rest of the group had followed him.

"I know how you feel. I feel all alone too." Lo'ak signed to Payakan. "Tell me, why are you outcast?"

The group swam up, hiding behind sea kelp and coral.

Lo'ak swam into Payakans mouth as Neteyam watched in confusion. As soon as Payakans mouth shut, Neteyam swam forward thinking that Payakan had just killed his brother but he was stopped by Nylah'a, Tsireya and Ao'nung.

*Stop* Tsireya signed to Neteyam.

Neteyam looked confused.

*It'll be alright* Nylah'a signed to Neteyam.

Neteyam swam back and watched waiting for Lo'ak.

A few minutes later, Payakans mouth opened and Lo'ak swam back out.

Lo'ak swam up to Payakan, hugging his face and apologising.

"I'm so sorry." Lo'ak said to Payakan as they both nessled into one another.

*We have to tell Dad* Ao'nung signed.

*Aonung! He will get in trouble* Nylah'a signed.

*We don't have a choice Sister*

~

The group of kids made their walk of shame back to Toniwaris hut.

With Toniwari in front and Ronal following them from the back.

"You allowed this!" Ronal yelled at Tsireya. "You allowed him to bond with the outcast!"

"Tsireya." Toniwari said firmly to Tsireya which made her nervous. "You disappoint me daughter."

Tsireya didn't say anything in return, she just had a sad look of guilt on her face.

Jake and Neytiri saw everyone and decided to run up to the hut.

"You, son of a great warrior who has been taught better." Toniwari said to Lo'ak.

"Payakan saved my life sir, you don't know him." Lo'ak replied.

"No Lo'ak." Tsireya whispered.

Nylah'a turned to Neteyam who had a serious look on his face before turning to her and giving her a small reassuring smile.

"Sit." Toniwari said to Lo'ak pointing down.

Lo'ak crouched down.

"Sit down!" Toniwari yelled to the rest of them.

The rest of the group sat without hesitation.

"Here my words boy." Toniwari spoke clearly to Lo'ak. "In the days of the first songs, Tulkun fought amongst themselves for territory and for revenge. But they came to believe, that killing, no matter how justified, only brings more killing. So killing was forbidden. This is the Tulkun way. Payakan is a killer, so he's outcast.

"I'm sorry sir, but your wrong." Lo'ak replied.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri said in an angry tone. "You are speaking to Olo'ekytan."

"I know." Lo'ak replied.

"That's enough!" Jake yelled.

Lo'ak paused for a second and Tsireya shook her head signalling whatever he was about to say, he shouldn't.

"I know what I know." Lo'ak said to Toniwari.

Ronal hissed.

"That's enough." Jake said coming up behind Lo'ak. "I'll deal with this one."