1- 𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

The rain drops pierced through my skin as I ran under a shed

The rain drops pierced through my skin as I ran under a shed. The cold touch of the gold gave me goosebumps..

I wrapped that award in my arms and my eyes became heavy. Slowly tears formed and they decided to run free after making sure, no one was around.

Their words saying that I didn't deserve this or this is nothing to be proud of kept ringing in my head.

The place sure is dark. Going back to my place from my hometown.

The car broke down right in the middle of the road.

I reached inside my bag and took my phone out. Dialing Haze.
After two rings she picked up.

"I feel lost, Haze.. they still don't believe me! They said I didn't deserve this.."
H- "come home, okay? We'll talk when you're here. Don't panic."

She told me which number can help me repair the car.

I did so and it took another hour to finally get back my car and I went home.

I share my place with Haze. She's my roommate and my bestie. We live together for like past 5 years.

I managed to keep all my thoughts at bay and reach home safe.

She opened the door.

H- "ah, you're here. Thank god."
I couldn't hold in anymore and hugged her.
"I'm okay."
H- "no, you're not."
I smiled.
Didn't let those tears betray me again.

I like that about her. She doesn't question me, or give any advice until asked. She stays.

I took my camera bag and kept it inside the cabinet, safely and went to sleep.

Another day, that didn't go my way.

But yes. I am proud of myself.

I am a photographer and a fashion designer too. I recently got an award for one of my photographs. Which makes people think differently. It was highly appreciated but.. yeah.

No ifs and no buts..

After a few days

I entered my house and bounced back on the sofa.. what an exhausting day..

Haze came and sat besides me.
H- "I bought something for you."
"What?"
She handed me a book.
"This can distract your mind.."

I opened the book and creased the first page.
"A romance novel?"
H- "I hope you enjoy!"
"Oh Haze you know I don't believe in this-"
H- "just try ok.."
She bought it as a gift so I smiled at her..

I like it that she worries about me but I really don't like books.. especially romance novels..
I don't think anything as good as in the books, can exist. It isn't an escape for me. It makes me think how rude and sad the real world is.

A few days passed by after the award and everyone I met, told me how unworthy I am of it. Ofcourse, I let them know that it's not true and I worked hard for it.. but it still hurts me.

I've been invited to a party and it's at a club.

I was there but I didn't want to be there.
I sat in the very corner sipping on my drink while everyone enjoyed.

I excused myself to the washroom for a minute.
Strangely enough, the drink tasted different when I had it again..

The wierd and strong taste lingered in my mouth and then realisation hit me like a train.
I looked around frantically and finally saw him looking at me like I am a meal.

I went near the drinks counter. My legs shook. Grabbing the counter top, I took hold of a glass bottle.

I didn't know what my burning rage could make me do. I ended up smashing that bottle on Adam's head.

"You mf- how dare you!"
I grabbed his collar and used all of my strength to punch him on his face.
Ofcourse he tried to fight back like he doesn't know me.

Look at the guts mahn.. smirks*

After beating the shit out him. I began to leave. My bag had fallen down. Picking it up I left, with the book in my hand.

When I went outside the book was open so I glanced in. I took a second to read a few things over.

The main character is an amazing singer it seems. He's the perfect guy you know.

I turned around a few pages and I saw the first word of a page when he meets his love. And it said 'destiny'.

Suddenly, the world kinda stopped and white light spread around me. I was then at a different, unknown place.

The drugs suddenly kicked in and my eyes went blur.

I was loosing balance when I felt two strong arms wrapped around my waist.

My eyes met his. They're brown.
Masmerizing dark brown. The crease in his eyebrows told me he is worried.

That's all I saw before I passed out.

<><><>