1

I sighed.... another long day at the bar, I walked up the stairs down the large hallway into one of the rooms on my left. Delivering some of the beverages that were ordered, the rooms are highly decorated, almost as if a different building from the original bar down stairs, they were designed for criminal gangs of sorts to have a safe space to work and do buissness, sounds strange. But this bar has been under the radar for years.

The perfect place for criminals to relax without the stress of potential visitors. I was hired a couple of years ago as a barmaid. Due to my outstanding work, I was promoted to a personal maid for the higher criminals who rented out the rooms of this place. Everything was going smoothly, but the pay wasn't all great, not for having to beat up customers almost every day.

"Thank you, y/n," spoke Mihawk gently as he took the wine and wine glass from me. I smiled softly at the man. "It's no problem. When does your meeting start?" I asked, cleaning up the table in front of the fancy fellow. He sighed. "In an hour, the government. Paying me to do nothing as always." He complained, offering me his eyes.

"You still look tired. Are you working overtime?" He asked, I hummed and nodded. "You know how it goes," I replied. Mihawk sighed and supped his wine.

"What about my offer from the other day? Have you made up your mind?" He asked, I sighed and sat down.

"I've been thinking about it. Honestly, I've been wanting to get out of here for a while." I responded, Mihawk gave a soft smirk before relaxing again. "I'll take that as a yes. This is a rare chance. It's not every day I take someone in. But you've got decent skill and I'm not home often. It needs care." he replied a little more enthusiastic even if sounding cold all the time.

I smiled at the man and nodded, "I'll put in my 2 weeks' notice later. How am I supposed to get there?" I asked, and Mihawk hummed. "I'll give you my address. A train should suffice. I'll pay for travel." He spoke, I hesitated a little. "I know what you're thinking y/n. But wouldn't it be better to be closer to home for your own mental betterment?" He continued. I nodded.

"I know, just... It's been years, but you're right. thankyou... for everything, " I replied as I stood up and walked to the door. "It's no problem y/n".

I walked out, shutting the door behind me, I took a deep breath, a smile creeping onto my features. I've got to be the luckiest girl ever right now.

I walked downstairs and towards the bar, when someone shoved me, causing me and the glasses I was carrying to fall to the floor and smash... Great... I huffed, then turned around, scowling at the person who had done it... to see... wait, let's look a little higher, damn tall guy, I stood up.

Okay, there we are, to see a tall, buff, red-headed punk goth, also scowling at me. I crossed my arms and glared at him. I've seen this guy on a poster before.

"Sorry about that," spoke a blonde masked man from beside the red head I huffed. "Yeah right, if he was sorry he'd say that, wouldn't you big guy?" I spat at the huge red head. He glared at me. He was very peculiar, a big build and bright crimson hair, makeup covering his eyes and lips. A weird nose.. He huffed with a smirk on his face. "Hell no, it's your fault for being in my way." he spat back.

Great.

I sighed and got a little closer to him."Then I'm sure you know where the door is, dont you tough guy?" I spoke stern to the man, his face scrunched with anger as his eyes were like daggers.

"Where do you get the confidence talking like that to me? Do you forget where you are? I'll rip you in half, " He questioned roughly, his face inching closer to me. I huffed.

"Sure, sure, what cause lousy criminals like you get a place to relax without the cops at your doorstep, what are you gonna do? I think it's more important to note that a place like this? Doesn't just employ ordinary people. So I advise keeping your big pretty mouth shut, if you stay quiet I'll be nice and let you stay, I haven't seen you before so I doubt your accustomed to this place. So what's your choice?" I asked him, his brows furrowed angrily, and his fist clenched into a ball, I stood there waiting... he looked around, seeing peering eyes watching as the scene played out. They watched kid closely, as if he made a move the whole place would jump him in an instant.

"Kid," the blonde spoke.

"No one talks to me like that," the red head, apparently known as kid, replied, his hand twitching.

"Not here," the blonde advised. Kid huffed, looking away and radiating off of him, "Whatever. "..

"Kid, was it? What are you here for?" I asked as I walked to the bar and grabbed the sweeping brush and began cleaning up the smashed glass, his rage only growing stronger seeing i wasn't acknowledging his bloodlust.

Kid huffed as his fist clenched, "We're here for one of those rooms. We have buissness, " the blonde said for the red-haired male, knowing if he was to say anything, he'd probably shout. I hummed.

"Sure thing, all you need to do is drop a deposit and we'll go from there" I spoke gently with a smile, kid growled and the blonde nodded to his mate who walked over to the bar dropping some cash. This guy also looked odd, very tall with baby blue locks and strange tattoos coating his arms and neck, a Cheshire grin also. I finished cleaning up and looked through the money, placing the correct amount into the till. Giving back the rest.

"You guys are lucky, no ones booked today, Here I'll show you around," I said, walking up the stairs. The men followed with a few huffs and sighed. Once we got to the room, the men entered and were pretty surprised at the increased quality of decoration and design.

"Shit this place is nice" the tall darker haired man spoke and kid slumped into the couch, "thanks" spoke the blonde to me taking a seat also, the other two men sitting down in follow.

"Anything you want, I can bring it for you?" I asked. The men started ordering their drinks, and I smiled and nodded. "Alright, I'll get that for you, dont break anything, or your deposit won't be returned," I replied happily before exiting.

"Busy group," asked mihawk as he walked down the hallway, I turned to him and smiled, "Irritating ones, but what can you do?" I replied as we both walked.

"Who?" he spoke curiously. I sighed.

"Some painted up punk red head and his friends, seen his poster before but not in person," I said, and mihawk looked at me and hummed.

"Named kid by any chance?" He asked, and I looked at him, surprised, "Oh yeah, you know him?" I questioned.

"Funny enough, they are some of the punks who live in town near my castle. I'm surprised they'd make an appearance here. They run a few underground mechanic buissnesses just outside of the city, " he said, and I nodded.

"They said they had some business.. whatever that is, " I replied, inching some information out of the swordsman.

"Well, if that's the case, I feel sorry for the others involved. Kid is a horrible man," he spoke in disgust, I hummed.

"I know that. He bumped into me, and I smashed a bunch of glasses, didnt even apologize. But I can't risk being the reason we lose a paying customer. I made sure to take a deposit with him. He seems to be a rule breaker, " I commented, and mihawk agreed.

"Be careful with that one. I'll be on my way now. Thanks for your service," he said as he walked away. "Good luck with your meeting!" I replied happily.

And good luck to me dealing with that asshole.