8 - Waiting

Han had been enjoying his pizza which seemed to taste better than usual that night. He had joked with his mom and then he had gone to bed. He had slept quite well, as well as Han Jisung could, and the next morning he was looking at Minho's chat, right after opening the Café.

Was he supposed to write to him? He was curious about the way that boy had saved him in his contacts, but that would be the umpteenth time he wrote to Minho. Wouldn't he seem too interested?

While thinking about whether to type a message or not, Chan startled him:

«What are you doing?»

Han put a hand to his heart, scared it would pop out of his chest, as he locked the screen of his smartphone.

«You will make me die one day!» he sighed as the orange-haired boy cackled.

«Sorry, I couldn't resist! You seemed so absorbed!» Chan seemed to be insinuating something.

Han rolled his eyes and began to arrange the tags of the sweets on display, deflecting the provocation. What mattered was that Chan hadn't seen who he wanted to write to.

Hadn't he, right?

In that moment the door opened with the usual chirp for the first time that day and Han found himself raising his head, somehow hoping it was Minho. But it wasn't.

 But it wasn't

.          .          .

That day the dancer didn't show up and Han was trying not to be bothered by it.

"Well, what do you expect, Han?" he asked himself, drying another cup, "He can't come every day, right?"

Yet he couldn't give up.

What was Minho doing? Was he with the two guys who came to the bar with him the other day?

Han couldn't bear brooding, asking questions, not finding answers. And the thought of Minho had been torturing him for hours. So it was almost evening when he finally got over his pride. He was about to close the place, which was already tidy and clean, and after making sure Chan was distant he wrote to Minho for the third time. 

Baby Jisung

"So? Will you tell me this secret?"

Minho was preparing for the concert and smiled in front of that message. The boy was grumpy, of course, but he was expressing his curiosity. And this was already a hit with Han Jisung.

He hurried to write an answer, while Hyunjin called him to get ready behind the scenes.

02-xxx-xxx8