20 - Steps

It had been two nights and three days since Jisung and Minho had last seen each other and for both of them it seemed too much. Han kept thinking about all the sweet messages they were sending each other in those hours away and he was biting his lip.

Would there be embarrassment between them? Was Han deluding himself that they were making progress? But above all, was he ready for all those steps forward? 

The café had closed a few minutes ago, even Chan had gone home, and Jisung was waiting in the cold autumn air. Minho was running late and the younger was fidgeting, thinking about how he should greet him. He had missed him, he had missed him too much and maybe he wanted to throw his arms around his neck and hide his face in his chest, but... Han was an introvert. He wouldn't have succeeded.

Meanwhile Minho was almost running when he glimpsed the youngest outside the Café, that already has its lights off. Han was waiting for him with his head down, looking at his shoes, his soft black hat on his head, hands in his pockets and lips protruding in a pout.

And, fuck, he was so cute.

«Hey, pretty boy!» the older said with a soft smile, finally reaching him.

Han looked up, still undecided on how to greet him, but his gaze was immediately attracted by something unexpected: Minho was holding a splendid bouquet of flowers in his hands. And not just any flowers.

«Minho?» Han looked at him in amazement, moving his eyes from the flowers to the older's smiling face. Were those for him?

«Sorry I'm late, I stopped by my house to change» Minho smiled, pointing to his neat style with a smirk. 

Han stopped for a moment to observe Minho's outfit, who was wearing a beige coat - way more elegant than the usual leather jacket - with a light blue shirt and black jeans. And Han couldn't lie to himself: that boy was breathtaking.

«Not bad» he commented, quickly looking away, «And those?» he asked, impatient. He felt a strange tightening in his stomach. He knew the flower were for him at that point, but he didn't know how to feel about it.

He was moved, of course: Minho had bought them because Han had written in his diary, months and months ago, that no one had ever given him flowers. Besides daisies were his favorite and that was the most beautiful bouquet of daisies he had ever seen.

Nevertheless Jisung couldn't help but also feel uneasy. His palms were sweaty, he was picking at his cuticles with his nails, his heart was racing. What does that bouquet mean?

«These are for my flower» Minho said, offering him the daisies with a soft smile. 

Han blushed, biting his lips a bit too hard, and he made a deliberately disgusted face.

«Ew, gross!» he muttered, still accepting the gift. He smelled the flower by sinking his face into them, hoping that the scent would calm his nerves.

Minho raised an eyebrow not believing for a moment in that fake disgust and Han returned that look shrugging, «What?»

«You like it» Minho said, smirking. And that wasn't a question. 

«They are okay, I guess!» Han shrugged again, «T-thanks» he stammered in an almost inaudible voice, looking up at Minho. The boy was watching him with his shining eyes and a soft gaze. 

It was a sweet look, as sweet as those flowers. Then why did Han keep feeling his stomach tighten? What was he afraid of? Minho wasn't Eun, he didn't want to manipulate him, he didn't want to seduce and control him. 

«Would you come to dinner with me? It's a date» the older added, trying to appear confident and calm. Minho hadn't courted someone in a long time and, while he flaunted confidence, he wasn't so sure of himself.