14 - Please, don't break my heart

Minho woke up, in his arms that little boy who was starting to become his constant thought. His cute face wasn't serene even during his sleep. Han's lips were pursed, his eyebrows furrowed, his lids moved as if to chase away some image.

Minho was tempted to move the younger's fringe to reveal that little scar he had on his forehead, but he held back. Han would show it to him when he was ready.

Suddently Jisung's hand squeezed Minho's shirt harder and his lips parted, starting to mumble incomprehensible words.

«Jisung?» he tried to call him, stroking his dark hair, but Han seemed more and more agitated and his words became clearer and clearer. 

«Stop it. Please, stop it.» he begged, narrowing his eyes in a frightened grimace.

Minho felt a shiver run down his spine. Who was he begging? It was just a nightmare, right

Two tears flowed from the still closed eyes of the younger one and Minho started shaking him slightly: «Wake up, Jisung! It's just a nightmare!»

Han finally opened his eyes with a sob. His pupils were very small, his eyes scared, sweat beaded his forehead. 

«A mirror, I need a mirror» he murmured, touching his face repeatedly and getting off the bed. Minho didn't have time to speak as Han had already disappeared into the bathroom. He got up and followed him, finding the shaking boy at the sink staring at his own face. It was as if he was looking for something on his skin or, rather, as if he was making sure there was nothing there.

Minho kept a distance so as not to startle him and Han turned on the faucet, starting to rinse his face as the sobs were still shaking him.

«Ji?» Minho walked towards him and cautiously put a hand on his shoulder, «You are safe here»

Han raised his face, still dripping, and threw himself into Minho's arms, wetting his t-shirt completely. But Minho didn't care. He promptly returned the hug and started leaving little kisses on the younger's head.

«My little Jisung...» he murmured, cuddling him.

Han was crying so hard, in so much pain that Minho wished he could rip from the younger's mind the images that tormented him so much. They must have been awful.

«T-two years have passed...» Han sobbed, into Minho's shirt. His eyes closed, his forehead resting on the other's chest. «And I still can't get rid of him» 

Minho held him tighter, continuing to stroke his back: «Two years from what?» 

«Since I left him.» Han muttered, but knew he wouldn't be able to say anything else. And Minho knew it too.

"They aren't just nightmares." Minho thought, clenching his jaw, "They are memories."

He pushed away the thought of wanting to find whoever had hurt Han to do who-knows-what to him. It was useless and Minho knew it. Revenge didn't erase what had happened, it wouldn't stop Han's nightmares. 

So he concentrated on the boy who kept clutching at his shirt like a life preserver.

«Give yourself time, Ji.» he just said, detaching him from his body just to take him by the hand and lead him to the sofa. He sit up and sat Han in his arms, starting to cuddle him again.

«I'm here with you» he mumbled, hugging him tight.

He loved all this physical contact with the younger. Han seemed to be completely shut down emotionally, but physically, whatever happened to him, he still manages to make himself being hugged. At least from Minho.