Chaeri's first Valentine's Day with BTS [Written Chapter]

Request:

「 If you don't mind I'd like to ask you how Chaeri spent Valentine's Day in these years 

Here is a small extract from Chaeri's first Valentine's Day spent with BTS members. I hope you like it

❒ member: OT7

❒ genre: Slice of life

❒ words: 1.3k

❒ summary: In which Chaeri decides to spend her savings on a treat for her newly found "brothers"

warnings: none

That year, for her, winter had come so quickly that she had been caught unprepared

That year, for her, winter had come so quickly that she had been caught unprepared. Indeed, everything that had been happening to her for the past few months had been catching her unprepared. 

 It hadn't even been six months since she'd left Paris, moved back to her dad's place in Jeju, left him too to move to Seoul and join a small dance crew that would support the rising idols of the BigHit company in their performances, to find herself at the end right among those people who would soon be making their way into the KPOP industry. 

And God, she'd only turned 14 a few weeks before.

It was freezing for months now in Seoul and she was not at all used to that weather, familiar with the milder winters she had experienced in France for most of her life. The snow fell slowly and ended on her dark hair as she walked along the streets lit by the LEDs of open shops. 

 Her orientation still sucked and she ended up getting lost during each of her trips through the city, except for one road she knew by heart: The road from her dormitory to the nearest convenience store.

Everything she ever needed in those months was in that place. It was neither large nor small but certainly well stocked, the shelves so full that they almost burst onto the floor. The place had become so familiar to her that she no longer paid attention to the tinkling of the bell at the opening of the front door, the smell of detergent and the background of the radio kept on by the owner who, despite being covered with a mask and scarf up to her eyes, still recognised her by offering a polite smile as a greeting.

The coins in her pockets clinked with every step, reminding her to go straight to what she needed. She couldn't waste money. Those were all she had left from the allowance her father sent her so she could support herself there in Seoul. Unfortunately, she had to spend more than half of it on new clothes. She would have been fine with the limited quantity her mother allowed her to bring back from France when she left but her body was changing and growing and those cloths no longer fit her. She had bought cheap outfits but this still affected her monthly budget.