Babysitting

Shrieks of laughter flowed through the room like water. The little girl, who couldn't have been more than three years old, giggled as Chaeri chased her around the room, arms spread.

Jungkook watched from the couch with a small smile on his lips.

"Unnie, come catch me!" the little girl squealed, running towards Jungkook. A tornado of energy, just like her mom, Chaeri thought. Ma-Ri was the daughter of Choi Mi-Hi, her stylist and friend. She had brought her along for BTS's photoshoot that day, and she had quickly become the center of attention.

Jungkook lifted her up, holding her high above his head. She looked down at him and laughed uncontrollably, her chubby cheeks turning pink.

"Oh no young lady, running to Jungkook is cheating" Chaeri teased, but she felt a glowing sensation in her heart as she watched the two of them having fun.

Jungkook scooped up the little girl in his arms, and she gasped with delight. She wriggled out of his grasp and ran over to Chaeri. Grabbing her hand, the little girl tugged her towards the couch before hopping onto it. Chaeri sank into the cushions between Jungkook and Ma-Ri, who nestled in her lap.

"Unnie, are you and Kookie going to have a baby?" Ma-Ri asked suddenly, causing Chaeri to choke on her own breath. Her face flushed with embarrassment as Jungkook turned to look at her, a curious expression on his face.

"What makes you say that, sweetie?" Chaeri managed to stutter out, hoping to avoid the question altogether.

"You're always playing like a mommy and daddy" the little girl said innocently, looking up at Chaeri with big, bright eyes.

Jungkook's gaze flickered between Chaeri and Ma-Ri, a hint of a smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Chaeri's heart raced in her chest, knowing that the little girl had picked up on the chemistry between her and Jungkook. She exchanged a quick glance with him, and in that moment, they both knew what was running through each other's minds.

"Maybe, but this is a secret between us, mh? Jungkook said slyly, waggling his eyebrows as he reached out to ruffle Ma-Ri's hair. "Do you think you can keep this little secret of ours between us?" He added with a mischievous grin.

Ma-Ri's eyes widened in excitement. "I can keep secrets really well!" she exclaimed, causing Chaeri and Jungkook to chuckle.