Eden's wedding

Requested: Yes

❒ genre: Angst to fluff

❒ words: 1.7k+

❒ summary: In which Hongjoong cannot help but notice the way Jungkook looks at Chaeri

❒ warnings: Minor argument; Insecure!Hongjoong; Stuck in the traffic

❒ notes:  Let me know, at the end of the chapter, if you think Chaeri has been honest or if maybe she is lying to herself... I mean, tell me what you think after reading how she is acting. Does she love him or does she only love the freedom she can have with him?

+ I have a lot of pending requests (I get requests both in the inbox here and on tumblr) and I know I'm a little slow in uploading them... but gradually I will complete them all

Late January, 2023

Late January, 2023

Jungkook sighed as he handed Hongjoong a small package of pills. "Lately, she's been pretty stubborn about taking her painkillers," he said "Still, I'd like you to carry the pack with you in case she needs some during the day. You'll be gone for a while and she still gets pain when she stress her leg"

Hongjoong had been in the former BTS dormitory's living room for fifteen minutes already. The room was enormous, much bigger than the one he shared with the group. Even with the large space and few pieces of furniture, the curtains filtering in only some of the sun's rays created a cozy atmosphere.

It was Eden's wedding day — Ateez producer and friend to all of them — and he was there to pick up his girlfriend and go to the celebration together.

Though the band members were on tour, it was a perfect occasion for them to return to Seoul and take a break.

What made that trip especially important for Hongjoong was the fact that it was the second time he could see Chaeri after her snowboard accident from earlier in the year. As her boyfriend, he felt immense guilt for not being able to care for her during her recovery; their tour had kept him away from Korea and prevented him from being there with her.

Meanwhile, Jungkook took it upon himself to help her during that hard time.

Hongjoong had been very thankful for this, knowing that she was not alone dealing with that moment.

But as it was equally 15 minutes in which he was listening to the BTS' member talk about how he might act during the course of the day to Chaeri's needs, he couldn't help but think about how Jungkook was taking that role far too much personally.