Sasaeng fan

members: OT7

❒ genre: Hurt/Comfort

❒ words: 5k+

❒ summary: In which Chaeri realizes that she took the wrong choice

❒ warnings: Yandere!Sasaeng fan; obsessive behavior; stalking; being locked up; lots of swearing; panic attack; mentions of pandemic; If you are uncomfortable with any of this topics please don't read

2020, pandemic period

She threw yet another tissue into the garbage can.

It had been days since she was unable to recover from that damn flu, even more damned because it had hit her at a time when humanity was so afraid of contracting any kind of virus, with good reasons, that she had been isolated immediately.

The dormitory usually shared with the rest of the members was now huge, silent and empty.

As soon as signs of the flu began to show (headache, hoarse voice, dripping nose) the managers and staff of the company were alarmed as never before.

They immediately arranged a hotel for the boys to stay in for the next indefinite period of time.

They had had the dormitory sanitized and reserved covid tests for everyone.

From that day on, every morning, the only person she saw was the nurse who, bundled head to toe in protective and safety gear, tested her to check her health.

And, like each day, that too had yielded the same result: Negative.

Although she was convinced it was a simple cold, precautions were never enough in times like those, so until she was recovered, she could not leave the apartment building where her dormitory was located.

The boys, in their own way, continued to take care of her and keep her company: They were often on video calls, texted her, watched movies together on 'Netflix Party' and always provided her lunch and dinner.

In Korea, fortunately, apartment buildings in more luxurious neighborhoods like theirs had actual lockers as mailboxes.

Generally these were used by deliverymen to drop off packages despite the residents' absence, but it had seemed like a good idea for everyone to use it for that other purpose.

They had several pairs of keys to open the mailbox, and on a daily basis, they left food, medicine, and little gifts there that they knew would lift her spirits.

All in all, the cold was better. She kept sneezing insistently after getting the covid test but then it would calm down through the day; what still plagued her was the burning in her throat that had resulted in a noticeable lowering of her voice.

By email, her doctor had reassured her: It was more than normal to lose her voice from a strong flu, especially if the vocal cords are already stressed due to external factors.

Of course her vocal cords were stressed, since she spent most of her life singing.

That morning she had felt well enough to shower as soon as she woke up, wash her hair and even curl it naturally with the hair dryer. Looking in the mirror, with her hair so wavy she almost didn't recognize herself. Since she joined the entertainment industry she kept getting it straightened, as Korean standards deemed girls prettier that way.