[10] now or never

Y/N's POV

that was the best sleep ever, and it would've lasted longer if my stomach wasn't growling this early in the morning.

sira and i got back pretty late and i crashed.

not to mention we ate pretty early so that's why i was waking up at 6:04 am. i knew i couldn't go down like this so i got into the shower the second i got out the blanket. last night's game could've gone better for mexico as it ended with 0-2.

now they have to make three goals against saudi arabia to prevent getting eliminated.

my stomach churns at the thought of it.

but it gets worse at the thought of today's game in the evening against germany. it won't be easy but i trust this team to keep us moving forward.

i'm washing off the body wash before turning off the shower and i didn't realize how hot the water was until i opened the curtain to see how foggy everything had gotten. i wipe down the mirror and start my skin care.

i don't think i'm gonna do anything else with my face until it's time to go so i get done with it quickly to pick out my outfit for.

after digging in my suitcase, i pulled out a white tank with lace trims and white, almost crème sweatpants just because it's too early to try putting together an outfit. i didn't even feel like putting in my contacts so i went to the bed stand where my case was and pulled out my clear glasses.

i shoved my key card in my pocket and i was into the elevator.

what i didn't think about is if the rest of the team would be there.

but the closer i got to the entrance, mumbles filled my ears. and just like the first time i walked in here, everyone was in their training kits.

i swear they brought no other clothes.

who's to say, but the first person i see is my dad who's talking to one of the workers. i go up to him and tap his shoulder. it takes him a second to realize it's me. "the glasses threw me off a bit." that goes to show how much i never wear them. i laugh at that and he hugs me good morning. "so how'd last night go?"

he knows exactly how it went. i sent him two voice messages of me crying on the metro right after. "let's not talk about it." i digress because i still have faith.

the same way i tapped him was no the same way someone else was doing to me.

"oh thank god it is you, i really wasn't sure." after this, i'm never putting my glasses on ever again and no one should be surprised but it's pedri who brings me into a hug. "what're you doing up this early?"

"i'm starving." i couldn't tell if they had finished practice or were about to start, though. "well there's space at our table so come on." i wave my dad goodbye and we go to the table where everyone i usually talk to is sitting.

maybe not gavi who i've avoided talking to.

i sit down and avoid eye contact too. i know it's a bit rude but that doesn't mean i won't say anything back unless he says something first.