[21] stargazing

GAVI's POV

"you actually got them?" i'm slipping on my shoes when pedri and ansu come back to my room with the flowers i asked them to go into the city for. i just didn't think they would. "yeah and why were they almost 70 qatari's?!" i'm not the one selling them, so i don't know why he's asking.

i already said i'd owe him back, too.

i hop off my bed but pacho's hand immediately hits my chest. "a ver si te acuerdas de lo que te dije asé rato. (let's see if you remember what i told you earlier)"

if this is about the ground rules he set the second i told him i asked out his sister last night, then i think i got it down.

"no being touchy, no alcohol, hand holding, kissing and..."

yeah i already forgot.

"just another reason as to why he shouldn't go!"

ferran rolls his eyes at pacho and comes up to me. "you and these collars." i didn't even realize it looked bad until he started fixing it and put both his hands on my shoulder. the dead look in his eyes was already killing me. "cuídala para nosotros (take care of her for us), okay?"

"for sure." but i know pacho more than anyone needs to hear that from me. "i promise to keep her safe, man."

"you better."

"that's what the last rule was!" as if i didn't break all of them already except for the alcohol part.

i wasn't going to either.

i must've startled y/n. "de qué hablas? (what're you talking about?)"

"pacho lectured me and i forgot the last rule after he quizzed me before i left." she looked like she didn't know what to think, but in a way, she did. "sounds like him, honestly." we both laugh at that and continue walking to the private gazebo near the hotel that anyone could rent for private dinners.

except, i don't think y/n would like a dinner on her first date with me after what everyone told me.

so instead, i opted for a picnic i set up with everyone earlier.

when i first sat there and heard them give me advice, i felt stupid because it felt like i knew absolutely nothing about her. yet, there they were who knew everything down to the icks she gets. i'd be sure avoid those but that doesn't hide the awful feeling i had.

now i can't stop thinking about it after i go quiet. "what's wrong?" i turn my head into her direction and shake my head to brush it all off.

"it's not nothing, so tell me!"

she's very pushy. that's something they mentioned; she's gonna get her way one way or another. i sigh but gladly we were approaching the spot. "okay but cooperate with me first." she looks at me confused but i make my way behind her.

"i got you, so just keep walking,"

her breath hitches and she starts walking really slow. "okay maybe a little faster, love."