[15] japan

Y/N's POV

sira was getting impatient at the door while i had both options laid out for no reason when i knew i should be wearing the one he gave me.

i shut my eyes anyways and make my way to open the door. maybe she could help. but the second she starts freaking out, i'm kicking her out. "you're not even dressed?! we leave in fifteen minutes!"

like i don't know that.

i grab her by the wrist and try to explain everything that's been happening. "gavi gave me his jersey last night but last minute i decided maybe i do slightly care about what people say and are gonna say so i need your help deciding which one i should wear!"

i try to catch my breath when all i get from her is a blank stare.

"does that mean you guys are going out?!" she starts jumping up in down in her spot. "we have to get aurora up here, let me call her!"

my eyes widen the second she says that. "oh please don't!"

too late, i can hear the phone ringing.

by the time i turn back after pacing for what felt like forever, she gets off the phone and goes over to my bed. "well we can get rid of this." she tosses my jersey and throws me gavi's.

"put it on! i need to see you in it."

maybe i should. after he left last night, i didn't even try it on. i just stared at it and let it hang in the closet until i took it off for today.

the knock interrupts us and we both know who it is.

out of her excitement, sira ends up pushing me on the way to the door from running. i roll my eyes and she comes back with aurora. "catch us up right now. we have more than enough time." as if i'm not in my bra and they're ushering me to sit on my bed while they're both by my side.

"how'd this all start?!"

that's definitely a story. "okay but do not say anything till the end."

they both silently agree and i know i can't keep them waiting like this. "that night we won against costa rica, he kissed me out of nowhere but then jordi and the fireworks interrupted us and i had never felt more uncomfortable, like come on, i had barely met him! i did everything i could to avoid him afterwards until he showed up at my door to apologize. but pedri being the biggest bigmouth-"

"you said it."

"what'd i just say?" i warn sira and she puts her hands up in defense to let me continue.

"he told me before gavi even got to apologize. i accepted because i mean, why wouldn't i? but then the day after the match against germany, we snuck out to the beach and boom, we kissed again. except it... i hate to say it but it had never felt so right. then the bonfire happened where he gave me his hoodie, then last night where he gave me his jersey."

did i miss out the part where we ended up making out? yeah but that was on purpose.

i give them a signal which allows them to say something and instead of actually saying words, they squeal and squeeze me to death. "wait!" aurora grabs our attention like they weren't celebrating two seconds ago.