Light

The house didn't feel like home. It didn't feel the way my house felt all those years with Wonho by my side. Tae was a great roommate, we had a system that worked for us and we'd even set up regular movie nights. Every Saturday we spent the day in our pajamas, and watched movies at night while we stuffed our faces with take out. 

Multiple times he'd invited me into his room to show me things he was working on, or barged into my room to drag me out of my bed when I didn't feel like existing. I was thankful for him on those days, even if I never showed it or said it. 

Yeontan fit right in with my puppies and I grew to love him as one of my own. 

It had only been two months since we moved in together and even if it didn't feel like home it felt safe. It felt okay. 

I walked in after work and overheard Tae on the phone "I'll ask him….I know it's my house too Minnie but still, it's a respect thing….yeah..I know….no he's not like that, I'm sure he'll say yes, he's a sweetheart honestly. I think you'll like him.." I heard him shuffling in the kitchen as he spoke, obviously making dinner while talking to the Minnie person I'd had yet to meet. 

"No, you will leave my husband alone… I don't care….no…it was one threesome one time and I was-" he stopped as he met my widened eyes by the entrance of the kitchen "I gotta go, loveyoubye" he rushed and hung up the phone "You're home early" his face turned red 

I cleared my throat "Uh, yeah, my last meeting canceled so I sent Joon home and left" I walked further into the kitchen and got myself a drink before I sat down at the table "he can come over by the way..it is your house too, and you're allowed to have friends, I'm not- that's not how any of this-"

"I know" he smiled wide, he turned the flame down and came to sit across from me at the table "I know Yoongi, I needed a break though. I couldn't tell him that, he wanted to slash Wonho's tires and wouldn't let me go a day without bringing him up so even though he's my best friend, I needed a break" he leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling 

"He's also very.. he's his one breed" he chuckled and looked at me "he can be very open and in your face and happy and loud. I didn't think you were ready to deal with him honestly. I wanted to wait until you seemed to be in a better place before I brought him around. You're very..not Jimin. And I didn't want you uncomfortable" 

"Wow, I, I really appreciate that Tae. That you thought about that, but he's your best friend and this is your home" 

"Thank you" he smiled wide at me and then stood up to go back to the stove "so how was work? Anything fun or exciting?"

"No" I shook my head and took a sip of my water "what about you?"

"Oh my god" he spun around smiling wider than I'd seen him smile in a while "remember when I told you about my own little Picasso?"

"Janie?"

"You remembered!!!!" He bounced on his toes "she painted us something and I hung it up on the fridge! Go look!" 

I stood up to get a closer look, and couldn't help the fondness that spread through my chest, making me warm as I smiled softly. It looked like a typical drawing from a six year old. No solid lines, scribbles on the sides, disproportionate stick figures. But the fact that Tae thought this was amazing is what made me fond. 

I had to stop myself from laughing, he loved those kids so much. And I didn't doubt that he genuinely thought this was a masterpiece. "Is this us?" I pointed to the two scraggly stick figures 

"Yup!" He moved to stand beside me "and those are our dogs!" He pointed to the multiple little black blobs painted at our feet "how cute?" 

"I love it" I smiled wide "She's quite good, really" he blushed and walked back over to the stove, I took my seat back at the table and sipped my water while I let myself linger there in the feeling of warmth. 

Three days later I came home from work and Tae was nowhere in sight. I fed the dogs and let them out into the backyard to run around and play, I got a quick shower and changed into a pair of sweats and a black shirt before making my way into the kitchen to start dinner. Tae usually cooked for us, I'm not sure if he thought I couldn't cook, didn't like to cook, or if he just genuinely liked to cook. So I never really bothered to do it. But I thought it would be a nice change of pace, especially if he was going to be coming home later than usual. 

I made hanjeongsik, bibimbap, jajangmyeon, and grilled up some spare ribs. I made a lot of rice too, we hadn't really had any Korean food, and I was craving it. I figured he'd like it too, he was raised by his traditional Korean grandmother so I'm sure this food was no surprise to him. I never had anyone to show me my Korean roots, everything I picked up is things I learned on my own through Google. It wasn't easy growing up in the US, and being homeless on top of that. 

I was stirring up the jajangmyeon when the front door opened and loud laughter echoed through the walls as the dogs took off to the front door. 

"He couldn't take his eyes off of you!" The voice squealed as Tae laughed 

"Poor kid"

"And who is this?" A man asked as he walked into the kitchen "you never told me he was this fucking handsome Taehyungie!!!" He took a whiff of the air "damn, and cooking Korean food? I think I'm in love" he laughed as Tae swatted at him 

"Sorry about him" Tae blushed "this is Minnie" 

"The infamous Jimin" I smiled and extended my hand for him to shake "Min Yoongi" 

"Nice to meet you" he smiled wide as he shook my hand, one he let go I shut off the flame to the stove "you guys hungry?"

"Starving" Jimin groaned dramatically before throwing himself into a chair at the table 

"Yes" Tae chuckled "I'll set the table"

"Thank you" I smiled at him as he patted my shoulder and walked by me, once the table was set I brought all of the food to the table and told them to help themselves, we all dug in like starved men, and continued eating until the dishes were practically emptied. 

"Oh god I'm gonna die" Jimin whined "rub my belly Tae" he grabbed his hand and Tae laughed as he pulled away 

"That was seriously amazing Yoongi, thank you" Tae said as he began clearing the table 

"Thanks, and you're welcome. I love to cook, and I figured you'd be hungry" 

"Thanks" he gave me a soft smile before walking away to clean the dishes, I excused myself from the table only to come to a halt at Tae's voice "We're watching movies tonight if you want to join us" 

"Okay, thanks" I smiled and walked towards my bedroom. 

I later found myself sitting between them on the couch, Tae rested his head on my shoulder while Jimin was practically cuddled up in my lap, his head was on my leg and I mindlessly began playing with his hair, running my fingers through his soft brown locks. Once the movies were over Jimin left to go home, Tae and I cleaned up the living room before wishing each other good night and sweet dreams. I had the puppies in my bed for the night and fell asleep feeling lighter than I had in months. 

I never expected to wake up being held, but there Tae was wrapped around my body and mumbling in his sleep as I blinked my eyes to wake up, my first reaction was to get up and out of the bed, but the longer I laid there and stared at his sleeping face..the more I decided that it wasn't so bad. I draped my arm over his waist as he nuzzled his face into my neck and I let myself fall back asleep.