I couldn't

Taehyung POV

"Alright kids, it's time to start getting ready for lunch" I smiled as the kids excitedly began putting their stuff away, Janie raised her hand "Janie?"

"When ith your huthban coming back?"

I felt my face flush, I chuckled and shook my head "I can't have him here all of the time can I?" I wish I could though.. It had only been a few days since he stopped by to drop off my lunch, but the kids have asked about him everyday since. I wondered if I should leave my lunch home again on 'accident' so he'd come visit again. 

I'm not sure when it happened honestly.. when I started to look at Yoongi and the word 'husband' felt like more than a signed document on a drunken whim. He's always so caring, and kind. Compassionate and funny. And god..I thought Wonho was beautiful, I melted at his feet the first time we ever met. But Yoongi? He puts him to shame. 

He doesn't have that striking beauty you'd find plastered all over magazines and ads or billboards. He has a quiet beauty, it's in his eyes, the shape of his lips, his porcelain skin unblemished and pink in the sweetest ways. His lisp that gets more noticeable when he's tired or fully relaxed and calm. Being in his presence is calming. Like floating on a raft in calm waters, eyes closed and the sun beating on your skin. 

He feels like home and comfort. 

I know it's wrong, I know I shouldn't. He wants nothing from me aside from friendship, and once our year is over he'll be letting me go and I wonder if he'll ever think of me or want to keep in contact. At the end of the day I'm just the whore homewrecker that took his fiancé away from him. 

I know he doesn't see me like that.. but I do. 

"Earth to Mister Min" Jimin smiled and snapped his fingers in my face 

"Sorry" I shook my head and looked down at the table, we were having lunch in the teachers lounge. I guess I was too wrapped up in my thoughts. 

"How's the married life?"

"Fine" I nodded "Oh, that reminds me" I pulled out my phone and texted Yoongi 

Me: the kids want you to visit again 

Dearest Husband: Probably Janie more than the others? Am I right? 

I felt warmth in my chest and stomach, I talk about Janie so much at home and he listens. He even loves her artwork on our fridge. He never tells me to shut up or tells me I'm dumb for loving my job so much. 

Me: yes 🤣

Dearest Husband: I can take a day tomorrow? Help out in the classroom? 

Me: they'll love that. Are you sure though? You really don't have to

Dearest Husband: I want to Tae 

Me: okay, sounds perfect then!! ♡ 

I internally cringed at the heart I sent. Fuck. I shouldn't have done th-

Dearest Husband: ♡ 
Dearest Husband: I'll be home early tonight, I'll cook ♡

"You look like a tomato"

I jumped and dropped my phone at Jimin's voice "sorry" I laughed and picked up my phone "Yoongi is coming to work with me tomorrow, the kids adore him and he adores them too. It's going to be fun"

"Are they the only ones that adore him?" 

"No" I confessed quietly "I guess not. But I know I shouldn't" 

"Why not?"

"You know how we met Minnie.. I can't" I shook my head 

"And? He looks at you like you hung the stars in the sky. Anyone can see that"