𝑺𝒊𝒙

"Please, can you please babysit tomorrow night?" Evelyn asked Camilla to babysit Saturday so that her and Schlatt could go on a date that night.

"Sure. I'd love to and before you freak about payment, don't. I don't need the extra money, I'm just hanging out with Cassie while you go on a date." Camilla agreed.

"Ugh, I literally owe you my life." Evelyn sighed before hugging her bye and saying goodbye to Cassie. Camilla grabbed her phone dialing the familiar number.

"Hey, great news. Yes it has to do with them, why else would I call you this early? She's going on a date with that guy and needs me to babysit. Tomorrow. Well why not just do it tomorrow if I'll be with her. Trust? I think I have enough of her trust to pull this off. I guess you're right. I could convince him to take her on another date next week or something. I see him when I drop her off after school. Fine, right, bye."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Evelyn had gotten dressed while Schlatt was getting everything finished up so it would be perfect. The only issue was driving, he couldn't drive her car because he wasn't on the insurance so he had a plan for her to park in a lot near the restaurant that was close enough for them to walk and far enough that she wouldn't know where they were going. The knock on the front door made Evelyn stop struggling with her dress and open it. "Thank you again for watching her."

"It's not problem at all. Want some help with the dress?" Camilla asked noticing how the dress was loose.

"Please." Evelyn lightly laughed as she turned around. Once the dress was zipped up Cassie came barreling around the corner.

"Miss Camilla!" She cheered running up to the woman.

"Cassie!" She cheered back picking her up. "I'll go get John while you put your shoes on and grab your purse." Evelyn nodded and did just that. "John, she's ready." Camilla knocked on the door and Schlatt opened it. He was lucky that he always brought a nice outfit with him whenever he went on trips. He was wearing a white button down, a black jacket with black jeans.

"How do I look?" He asked looking at the two.

"Very handsome." Cassie said smiling.

"Thank you bean." It was a new nickname he'd picked up for the girl. It was also the shortened version of the first draft, jellybean. She liked it and he thought it fit perfectly.

"Go get her cowboy." Camilla said making Schlatt chuckle. He walked to the front entrance where Evelyn had been waiting. When he saw her it was if the world stood still. The dress hugged her in the best way possible and her hair flowed perfectly.

"Wow. You look- just wow." He said in astonishment.

"Is it too much? I feel like I overdressed. Should I change?" She rambled but Schlatt just placed his hands on her shoulders calming her down.

"You look perfect." A light blush painted itself across her cheeks at the compliment.

"Thank you." She said before looking behind him where Camilla and Cassie stood. "Be good for miss Camilla, okay?" She said to Cassie.

"I will mommy, don't worry." She replied and Evelyn laughed before kissing her head.

"We'll be back later." Evelyn turned to Camilla.

"Have fun, but not too much fun." She said and Evelyn nodded before walking back over to Schlatt.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I'm paying for my half." Evelyn said after they sat down at the restaurant.

"Mmm, no you're not. I'm paying for the whole thing." Schlatt shook his head. The waiter came over and took their drink orders to which Schlatt ordered a fancy wine, even if he was a whiskey guy. He'd make an exception for her. Once he walked away Evelyn gave him the death stare.

"Stop wasting money on me." She said once she saw the price of the wine he ordered.

"I bought it for myself, I'm just oh so graciously sharing it with you darling." He smirked.

"A loophole, really?"

"I'm the master at them." The waiter brought over the wine along with two glasses and took their orders before walking back to the kitchen. "Now, I know Cassie's mom, and as much as I like Cassie's mom, I would like to know Evelyn."

"Well, Evelyn was born and raised in Kansas. I've only left to visit Colby in LA once before I had Cassie. I've always liked the idea of being a teacher, you know. I had a teacher in high school that helped me through a lot and I liked the idea of being able to do the same for other people. Sure I teach math and all, but I like being able to be the person some students can come to and just talk to. Those are the basics. What about you? I know Schlatt, but I'd like to know John more." And that's how the date went. Back and forths with conversations about their interests and jobs. It was just them, two people who liked each other going on a date and learning more about each other.

They finished dinner and after much argument about payment, Schlatt paid the bill and Evelyn left the tip. Schlatt didn't want it to end so they ended up walking to a nearby park and sitting on a bench. She leaned against him and he wrapped his arm around her. Once he felt the coldness of her arm he took of his jacket and placed it on her shoulders before going back into the position there were. "Won't you be cold now?" She questioned noticing the dress shirt he had on wasn't thick.

"I'll be just fine." He answered, pulling her closer. The sat in silence for a few more moments before Evelyn spoke.

"Thank you for this. Tonight."

"It's my absolute honor to take you on a date. I'm lucky enough I met you."