𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

Monday had come and the three couldn't be more mopey. They stood in the airport not wanting to say goodbye but had to. "Do you have to leave Jay?" Cassie asked hugging him close.

"I know, I don't want to either bean. But I have to, I've got to go back to work." He said looking at her sad pouty face. "Hey, don't cry. I'll still see you."

"But you'll be so far away. Like the moon." She said as tears fell.

"I'll still call and we can talk then. I promise." He smiled and she nodded. Schlatt handed Cassie of to Evelyn who hugged him instantly. "I'll call you on your lunch break, okay?" He mumbled into her hair. All she could do was nod. He kissed the top of her head before turning and heading towards his gate. The plan was that Schlatt would call Evelyn every lunch break and they would be able to talk to each other. He would call in the afternoons to talk to Cassie since she insisted she'd be able to talk to him. That was the plan and the were going to stick to it like super glue.

"Hey, what do you say we skip school today and go get some Chick-fil-A?" Evelyn asked trying to cheer up her daughter.

"Please." Cassie said. Evelyn nodded and that's exactly what they did. The mother and daughter got Chick-fil-A, went home and watched tv all day to help them feel better.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Go eat your lunch and don't bother me." Evelyn said to her class as they left for lunch. She closed her door and pulled out her lunch so that she could call Schlatt. She set up her phone and FaceTimed the man. After two rings it was connecting. "You were waiting again weren't you?" It had been about three weeks since Schlatt had left. Evelyn and Cassie had to get back into their schedule of her coming to the high school after she got out.

"Only because Yumi and Nick have been annoying me all day. I had to convince them to just stay in the living room for a bit so I could 'take a business call'." He sighed rubbing his face.

"Well, just take a breather. We can relax for about twenty five more minutes." She said biting into the turkey sandwich.

"Hey, when are you planning on visiting?"

"I didn't know I was visiting."

"Well, I just figured you might wanna see Austin. You got to show me Kansas I want to show you Austin. Plus, there's better date spots here."

"I mean I have definitely thought about it. I'll just have to get me and Cassie suitcases and plane tickets. I could probably get them by summer break."

"Perfect. I can show you and Cassie around Austin! Wait, how long until your break?"

"It's April eleventh and school ends May twenty sixth. So just a bit over a month."

"That's not too bad. I can wait that long."

"I think I'll keep it as a surprise for Cassie. You know, like a birthday present. She's been asking next time she'd see you or play dolls with Charlie."

"Hold up. When is her birthday?"

"June sixth."

"It's in my calendar! We don't have to do anything big. You're her mother I'll let you take the reigns."

"I usually just buy her a few presents, a cake and watch her favorite movies. I always ask if she wants a party but she says she likes it the way it is. So, we could just do that."

"That's good, I can do that. You can fly out May thirtieth stay however long you want then fly home. I'll call Charlie and see if him and grace want to fly down too."

"Sounds perfect. Now that we've got that sorted, what have you been up to?" The two talked for twenty more minutes until Evelyn had to go because her lunch break was over. Schlatt didn't have to deal with Yumi bickering about making them sit in his living room for long because soon he realized why they were left in the living room.

✦✧✦

Evelyn.Brock 🔒

She's like a koala47 likes

She's like a koala
47 likes

ColbyBrock
I love Cassie and I love koalas could my niece be any more perfect
Evelyn.Brock
I made her of course she's perfect

Jschlatt
She would climb me sometimes when you were at work
Evelyn.Brock
Of course she did

Tommyinnit
Koala child
Jschlatt
       Gremlin child

AuthorShelby
Okay my loves we have about nine chapters plus epilogue left so I'll let y'all go. SEE YOU MONDAY!! LOVE YOU. MWAH MWAH. KITH KITH.