𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

The following Monday Evelyn was in a great mood. "How was the date?" One of her students asked.

"Who said I went on a date?" She answered with a question.

"Your mood. The only times you're this happy is when you've gone on a good date or Cassie did something amazing. Considering you haven't said anything about why you're in a good mood, my guess is you went on a date."

"I will not answer that question." She said walking to the front of the class once everyone had entered the room. "Phones face down, calculators out, I hope your IXLs are done or close to done cause it's test day."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Schlatt was sat in the office he had been occupying for the past two weeks as he started up his stream. "Chat, it's been a while. No, I'm not back in Texas yet. I'm still in an unnamed location. We're doing just a regular chatting stream. Sorry for the bad quality, I'm using my travel setup." He said and glanced at the time. "Gonna be a short one probably not longer than forty five minutes to an hour. I got things to do." He read chat and most of them asked for a life update or if anything big was going on. "Nope nothing that big." Tommy called him.

"Big man!" He yelled once Schlatt had answered.

"Tommy." He said, not as enthusiastic.

"How's the most boring state in the US treating you?"

"It's not that boring."

"Right, cause you met that girl. Wink. Wink." Yeah, Tommy had somehow heard from someone that Schlatt met a woman.

"You don't have to say that you're winking." His chat was filled asking questions about who he met. "Now you have made my chat loose their mind."

"So I've done my job perfectly."

"Okay, chat. I met a woman. That's it, that's all you need to know." He shrugged. They carried on with the stream and Tommy kept pestering him to tell more about 'the woman' as he named Evelyn to keep her anonymous. After about forty five minutes there was a knock on the front door. "Alright that's my signal to get off. Bye chat, bye tommy." He said hanging up the call and ending the live. He walked to the front door and opened it. Just like normal Cassie ran straight for him and he picked her up. "Hey bean. How was school?"

"It was good. All I have for homework is reading and I get to color for my math homework!" She cheered hugging him.

"That's awesome! Why don't you go set it out so I can help you and I'll meet you there soon." He said setting her down. She said her bye to Camilla before running to the kitchen. "Thanks for dropping her off."

"No problem. Hey, are you planning on taking Evelyn on another date next weekend?"

"Not really. Should I?"

"I mean, I would. This is your last week. You said you leave Monday. It might be a while before you both see each other again."

"You're right. I'll ask her tonight or tomorrow."

"If you need help planning I'm your gal. Haven't been on many dates but I have really good ideas, might be from reading too many romance novels." She joked.

"Jay! Come on I wanna play!" They heard from the kitchen.

"Coming! Thanks again. See you tomorrow." He said goodbye and went to go help Cassie with her homework.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Evelyn was so thankful for drive throughs. She couldn't even fathom the idea of cooking or going out to eat that night. She felt like she was going to collapse because she had been on her feet all day. During testing you had to stay on your feet to make sure no one was cheating or anything. So walking around a classroom all day was not the best thing for her ankles. After dinner and getting Cassie to bed she collapsed on the couch. "Tired?" Schlatt asked sitting next to her.

"Tired is an understatement. I'm not doing any extra work tonight. Can we just watch a movie or something? You pick." She slumped against him. He chuckled and nodded putting on family guy. They moved to a position where he was laid on his back across the couch and she laid on top of him with her head resting on his chest.

"Hey, I can fit on the couch." He said referring to when she made him and Charlie take her bed the first week.

"Mhm, but where would Charlie have slept?" She said pointing out the obvious.

"He could fit on that chair over there." He joked and Evelyn giggled. She snuggled closer to him by putting her head in the crook of his neck. Schlatt wrapped his arms around her, running his fingers through the ends of her hair. After a while he felt her breaths even out and realized she was asleep. He smiled at the sight, she looked peaceful. He knew how much she needed the sleep. He didn't understand how she was able to have enough energy to work and be a full time mom. He gets tired after running around with Cassie after a few hours and she's done it for years. He turned off the tv and picked her up. She, almost like an instinct, wrapped her legs around his torso and hugged his neck. He was so glad she was asleep and couldn't see his face, which was now redder than a stop light. He brought her to her room and laid her in her bed, but as he went to leave he felt a hand pulling him back.

"Stay, please." She mumbled. Even in her sleepy state she could make Schlatt do anything.

"Are you sure?" He asked not wanting her to regret it in the morning.

"Never been so sure in my life." Schlatt wanted to melt there and then. He crawled into the bed and Evelyn immediately wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his chest.

"You're so warm." She muttered before falling back into a deep sleep. Schlatt never felt more content than he did in this moment. He never felt more comfortable than right there. He could guarantee that even the most comfortable mattress could never be as comfortable as this.