𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Sorry this is taking so long to republish. Anyway, love y'all. 🤭🤭
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*═══╝

Evelyn was pacing the room once again, she couldn't go home because her home was still a crime scene. "Hey." She heard the door open and her head quickly turned. Schlatt stood there with his arms wide open. She immediately ran into them, holding on tight, scared he might disappear too. "I'm here. Don't worry I'm here." She broke, violently sobbing into his chest as she clung to him.

"I just want her back." She said in between sobs.

"I know, I know. I do too. They'll find her, they know what they're doing." He pulled away whipping her tears. "Have you slept?" She shook her head. "Take a nap. I'll wake you if anything important happens. You not sleeping isn't going to help anyone." She nodded, sleep hitting her like a truck. She wanted to stay awake so badly, but everything that would happen while she was awake would still happen if she was asleep. Schlatt let her rest on the couch in the break room while he went to go get coffee from the kitchen. Yes, they were two different rooms.

"So, you're Johnathan?" Prentiss asked walking over to grab coffee, Morgan trailing behind her.

"Call me john or Jay." He said sticking out his hand for them to shake.

"I'm agent Prentiss and that's agent morgan. Would you mind if we asked you a couple questions?" She introduced sipping on her coffee. Schlatt shook his head.

"Was there anything or anyone in Evelyns or Cassandras life that stuck out to you?" Morgan asked.

"Not really, Evelyn didn't have many friends before we met. Most of her friends now are also mine. The only person she knew who wasn't related to her was Camilla. I didn't like her, she seemed a bit off. Couldn't describe it, it was kind of like she would get upset when dropping Cassie off. I would watch Cassie after her school let out, when I stayed with them for about two weeks, and Camilla seemed a bit offended when we told her about it."

"As if she wished you just asked her to watch Cassie, so she could stay with her a little longer?" Prentiss guessed.

"Yeah, exactly. Where is Camilla by the way?"

"Interrogation. One of the other agents suspected her and she would be near the top of the list considering she was the last to see Cassandra."

"Cassie. Evelyn said it reminds her of her ex whenever someone calls her Cassandra cause he'd get upset whenever someone said Cassie. And I don't want to think about him either."

"Where's Evelyn? I didn't see her in the break room."

"She's asleep. The couch is not facing the window so you can't see her, but she needed it. She's gone a couple days without sleep before and it just drove her insane." Schlatt answered and the two nodded. They had a small conversation and Schlatt figured he should go back to the break room to check on Evelyn. Once he left the kitchen and walked into the break room he closed the door.

"How's it going with Camilla?" Prentiss turned to JJ.

"Not budging. Same story. Hotch is trying to break her."

"Well, John said that when she didn't get the opportunity to be around Cassie more she seemed sad. She could be the unsub." Morgan threw on the table.

"But how would she get Cassie to a far enough place in enough time. She'd only been babysitting forty five minutes. Not to mention if she would want to be around Cassie why wouldn't she just take off with the kid. She likes Cassie, sees her as her own she wouldn't just drop her off in an empty building and go back to Evelyns home, break a window, and make this a big deal." Rossi shut down.