Shaadi - Decision

8 months later:

"I can't take it. Bohot dard ho raha hai!"

(It hurts a lot!)

"Kuch nahi hoga! Bas doctor aa rahe hai. Please aapne aapko sambhalo."

(Nothing will happen! The doctor will be here soon)

Amrita was lying on the hospital bed, going through labour waiting for her doctor. Kirti was right next to her and the rest of the family waiting outside. Veer was pacing the hallway waiting for the birth of his child.

Flashback:

"Sir the results of the paternity tests have arrived. Here you go."
Veer held Kirti's hand tight as Anshuman opens them. The family had gathered in the family room to see the results. Amrita was sitting on the couch, fiddling with her fingers as everyone waits for the results.

"Anshu, jaldi dekho,taki yeh mamla yahin khatam ho jaye aur Amrita ko iss ghar mein uski jaga mil jaye.."

(Anshu, look wuickly so that this matter can be put to rest and Amrita can be given her place in this family. .)

Kirti puts a reassuring hand on her husband's shoulder. Sonali and Kabir stiffen and hold their breath and Riya stands behind her bhuaji, biting her lip. She really wants Amrita to stay, she knows that bhuaji will get rid of Kirti and marry Veer to Amrita if the baby was Veer's. After all the baby would then have the Chauhan blood.

Anshuman reads through the reports, eye's scanning every single word, not wanting to miss even the smallest detail.

He looks up at everyone before stopping his gaze at his brother. The brother who has always been his idol.

"Bhai, I'm really disappointed."

Veer's parents slump their shoulders and gaze at each other, Bhuaji and Riya begin to smile and Kirti's tightens her hold on her husband's hand, their sweaty palms refusing to let go.

Veer takes a deep breath and swallows hard, "what are you saying Anshu?"

"I'm saying that I'm really disappointed. Disappointed in your ability to make friends. I thought you had better judgement than to befriend a liar."

Everyone's eyes snap to Amrita before looking back at Anshuman.

"Beta, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that this Amrita, who we've been keeping in our home is a liar. She lied about her baby being Veer bhai's. The results here clearly state that this baby isn't Veer bhai's."

Kirti sighs in relief and Veer wraps his arms around her.

"I'm sorry everyone!" Amrita wails causing everyone to look at her.

"Amrita! Yeh kya yeh rahe hai. Explain yourself."

Suddenly bhuaji and Riya were nor longer next to her, the pregnant woman was all alone.

"I was crazy in love with Veer and would do anything to get him to be with me. I tried seducing him, getting him to notice me but her just wouldn't. So I settled on a friendship. But after he got married, my envy and want for him increased! The night of Veer's birthday, I found out I'm pregnant. I don't who the father is. And honestly, I don't want this baby. But I thought if I told you, it was Veer's you would get him to leave his wife and marry me. I thought maybe Kirti would just leave without a question because her husband would be a cheat. But she trusted Veer too much. I just. . . I was desperate to be with Veer."