Shaadi - Epilogue

5 years later:

"Kirti, my baby. Rona band kro jaan! But kuch ghanton ki toh baat hai."

(Stop crying, love! It's just a matter of a few hours.)

"Nahi, aap nahi samjhe gein."

(No, you won't understand)

Veer makes the mistake of chuckling as he leaves the carpark. Kirti turns and pokes a finger at Veer's chest.

"Aap mujh pr haas rahe hai? Mein aapse baat hi nahi karungi."

(You are laughing at me? I'm not going to talk to you.)

Veer's eyes widen and panic sets in his heart as he gazes at the big, fat tears threatening to spill. It was their son Vihaan's first day at school today. Which had made a six-month pregnant Kirti incredibly emotional.

"N-nahi, nahi. Mein haas nahi raha." He reaches for her hand but she bats it away and looks out the window. No matter what Veer did he couldn't get to end her silent treatment. The only way he could end this was by getting her strawberry shortcake ice cream with hot French fries and aam ka aachar. (mango pickle)

(N-no, no. I'm not laughing)

A combination that screams I'm pregnant.

Lucky for Veer, he had a jar of aam ka aachar in his car, all he had to do was get her ice-cream and French fries. And not so long after Kirti was giggling and munching on her snacks whilst Veer was sneaking in kisses.

"Aap bohot bure hai."

(You're very bad.)

"Aacha?"

(Really?)

"Hmmmm."

Time skip:

"Vihaan!"

"Maa!"

They squeal and hug like they haven't met in years; Veer rolls his eyes teasingly at their melodrama. Vihaan extends his bag toward his father.

"Daddy, hold my bag, please. And maa, we will wait here for daddy to bring the car. If you walk too much my sibling will get tired. Go, Daddy, get the car please."

Kirti giggles at the sight of her husband carrying the red, shiny spiderman bag and matching water bottle as he walks over to their car. On their way home Vihaan tells them about his day, his new friends, his amazing teacher, and everything he did during lunch and recess.

"Dadi! Dadu! Guess what?"

And there goes Vihaan again telling his grandparents about his adventures. Kirti goes to catch him, but Veer is quicker to take her in his arms and carry her to their bedroom.

"Veer! Kya kr rahein hai? Aapke kehne pr hum niche wale room mein shift ho gaye. Wahan tak mein chal toh sakti hun na."

(Veer! What are you doing? We moved downstairs because you said so, but I can at least walk there.)

Sonali and Kabir smile and watch Veer laugh wholeheartedly as he carries his wife to their room. Their smiles turn into laughs as they listen to the couple.

"Mujhe iss baar beti hi chahiye Kirti!"

(I want a daughter this time, Kirti!)

"Arre, aap toh aise keh rahe hai jaise yeh mere haath mein hai."

(Hey! You are saying this as if I have control over it.)

"Please Kirti! Mujhe ek pyaari si Gudiya de do na. Taki jab use school se lekr aaya krun toh woh mujhe tight hug kre."

(Please Kirti! Give me a cute little baby doll. So when I go to pick her up from school she gives me tight hugs.)

"Aap bhi haadh krte hai! Abh issme mein kya karun?"

(You are also too much sometimes! What am I supposed to do in this?"

Anshuman follows the couple with his bhabhi's medications and some healthy snacks.

"Bhabhi! Aapki medicine. Please le lijiye. And yeh kuch snack bhi hai, pr sirf aap ke liye. Bhai ko nahi dunga."

(Bhabhi! Your medication, please have it. And these are some snacks for and only you. I won't give them to bhai."

"Kyun? maine kya kiya?"

"Why? What did I do?)

"Maine kya kiya? Bhole maat baniye. Vidiya ko mere baachpan ke pictures aapne foreward kiye."

(What did I do? Do play innocent. You sent my childhood pictures to Vidiya.)

Kirti giggles at the brothers as she caresses her stomach.

"Haan toh kya hogaya? Tumhari hone wali biwi ko pata hona chahiye ki uske baache tumhare jaise bhi lag sakte hai. Bichari ek baar soch toh legi."

(Yes, so what? She's your soon-to-be wife, she should know that there are chances of her kids looking like you. Poor thing should get a chance to reconsider.)

Anshuman throws a pillow at his brother before turning to his Bhabhi for support, she playfully glares at her husband before hugging her devar.

And like that Veer and Kirti's sweet little home is filled with happiness andlaughs.

Hi Guys! So the first story is finished! In fact, this is my first ever story to be finished!

Comment what you guys thought about it, I welcome your feedback (as long as it is constructive).

Please remember to vote and share my stories. 

See you guys in the next update with the next story!

Take care and stay safe!