Illiterate: Date

Rudra gazed at his blushing wife as she shrunk into the seat beside him, he had one hand on the steering and one on his wife's lap. Last night after coming back from his mother's room he spent time watching Siya sleeping, she looked so calm the complete opposite of his state of mind. 

 He let the past six months play in his mind and how beautiful and calm they have been for him at home. And the only person he had to thank for that was Siya, she took care of him, his mother, she made this house a home, the sound of the bangles or anklets brought a smile to his face even when he was in serious meetings. She was just perfect. How stupid of him to not notice that he was happier on the inside since she's come into his life.

His heart knew, but finally, he was accepting that maybe not love yet, but there was something. Something pure, something sacred, something beyond this world. Actually, maybe it was love, but he isn't ready for it yet. But he was ready for was to accept Siya, accept their bond, accept their relationship. Just like SIya had accepted. 

Siya clears her throat before asking, "ji, hu-hum kahan ja r-rahe hai?" 

(Umm, wh-where are we go-going?)

"Yahan thodi door ek purana mahal hai. Aur uske paas mein market hai, jahan hand-made saman bohot milta hai. Ravi ne bataya tha ki tumhe handmade cheezon ka shaunk hai. Aur mujhe bhi purani jagaon pr jaan aacha lagta hai. Toh hum dono ko aachi lagegi yeh jaga."

(Close by there is an old palace, and near there is a market where we can get handmade things. Ravi told me you like handmade things, and I like old monuments. So we'll both like this place.)

Rudra smiled at her as she nodded her head looking down at his hand, she was tempted to touch it but refrained from doing so. She didn't want to do something that might affect the atmosphere, he already had his hand in her lap, and that was enough.

Seeing the inner battle she was going through and how her hands were awkwardly lingering, he held them down into her lap and placed his bigger palm over them. Siya couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the slightest touch and she just looked out the window as she wriggled around to get comfortable in the suddenly hot car.

Soon they arrived at their destination and Rudra helped Siya out. She was awestruck by the beautiful sight in front of her. The gardens were maintained so beautifully, which led up to the white-marbled structure of the palace. She walked closer and gazed at the sight in front of her until her husband put his palm on the small of her back and leaned down to ask, "Aacha laga?"

(Like it?)

Siya smiled up at him as she nodded her head. 

"Toh phir aandar chaalen?"
(Then shall we head inside?)

Rudra had no problem holding her hand and guiding her in, but Siya shivered under his touch not used to the sudden affection her husband was giving her. When inside the couple were admiring the craftsmanship on the walls and how magnificent the place was. Rudra let go of her hand to reach for his phone so he could take a picture of her smiling. 

She got a shot of her gazing at her reflection in the huge mirror on the wall and another looking up smiling at the work on the ceiling, before catching one of her smiling shyly at the floor when she realises he was taking pictures of her. 

An elderly lady gazed at the couple as the man put his phone back in his pocket and the woman with him shyly moved closer to the man as he reaches for her hand. She moved closer to the couple and smiled. 

"Beta, aap dono shaadi shuda ho?"

(Are you two married?)

"Ji."

(Yes.)

"Bohot pyaari jodi hai. Agar kaho toh tum dono ki saath me tasveer kich dun?"

(You make a beautiful couple. If you say, should I take a picture of you two together?)

Rudra smiled and handed the phone over to the lady before wrapping his arm around his wife's waist and pulling her closer, the lady took a few pictures of them before handing the phone over.

"Shaadi kab huyi thi aapki?"

(When did you get married?)

"6 mahine pehle."

(Six months ago.)

"Abhi bhi itna sharmati hai?" The woman giggled before walking away.

(She's still this shy?)

Siya shrunk closer to her husband's warmth as he laughed at the woman's words and soon they were outside heading towards the market. They had managed to keep a sweet conversation throughout their walk over and Rudra found her enchanting, there wasn't a moment he didn't enjoy their date so far.

At the market, Rudra could see how excited Siya had gotten so he let go of her hand to let her explore but made sure he was close behind. Whenever Siya saw something she liked she would peek over at her husband and he would melt at the sight of the doe eyes and fish out the cash. 

"Rudra ji, dekhiye choodiya!"

(Rudra, look bangles!)

Rudra smiled and helped pick out a bunch of colourful bangles for his wife as she gleamed at them. She was so busy putting them away in thier shopping bag that she almost missed her husband's tender gaze. He was surrendering his heart to her, to the sweet smile gracing her face, tp the twinkles in the eyes as she peered up at him, to the pink painted cheeks. 

When he realised that his staring was caught, he chuckled and leaned down to peck her nose. The first time he had kissed her. Siya stiffened for a second before lifting her hands up to touch her nose. 

Rudra leans down again and plants a kiss on the back of her hands that were still covereing her nose. This bought Siya out of her trance and she gave him a cheeky smile before pulling his nose and running off. 

She didn't knoe from where such bravery came from, but she just couldn't help it. She ran towards the garden and Rudra chased behind, purposely slowing his pace so he could enjoy their little chase. Until he finally reached her, grabbed her arm and pulled her into him. 

He nestled his nose into her neck and whispered, "Oh Siya, yeh mujhe kya ho raha hai? Tum mujhse kya kr rahi ho?"

(On Siya, what is happening to me? What are you doing to me?)

Rudra jostled her lightly in his arms, holding her close before creating a small distance between them to see Siya. She had her chin pushed against her collerbone, looking down to shy to look up. He planted one last kiss in her hair, before walking them back to thier car. 

He's never felt like this, it was unfamiliar but beautiful. If this is what giving your marriage a chance meant, then he regretted not giving it a chance earlier.