Illiterate: Broken

Siya was lying on the bed, playing with the ends of her hair and thinking back to the events that took place yesterday. The proposal, her saying yes, her aunt and uncle being upset and her leaving that home with the man to who she was supposedly going to be getting married to.

Her eyes were swollen from crying, but her heart felt a small ray of hope.

But as she has always had to face the worst in her life, She was a broken mess. So her natural instinct was quick to dim that ray. She sighed and made her way over to the attached bathroom to freshen up and get ready for the day.

Rudra was standing outside her door, he had just come back from his jogging and his mind was telling him to talk to Siya about their future if she actually wanted to marry him and the kinds of conditions he had if they were going to go forward with the marriage. But the strings of his heart were pulling him towards that room just to see if she was okay.

He refused to admit that Siya had made a place in his heart. With a deep breath, he knocks on the door and waits for a green light to enter. He hears shuffling and a light bang followed by silence before the door clicks open. He peers down at the big, round, brown eyes that peek through the slightly open door.

She peers up at him as he clears his throat, looking for words.

"Ummmm, mein aanda aa sakta hun?"

(Can I come inside?)

Siya snaps out of her daze and opens the door wide. He steps inside and past her, she watches his back from the door taking in his huge figure as he moves his way around the girly room. The sight of me in such an atmosphere causes Siya to giggle.

The giggle caused Rudra to turn around and raise an eyebrow at her, which immediately stops the sweet sound. The pretty girl lowers her gaze and begins to fiddle with her light green dupatta. Her instant reservations caused Rudra to silently curse himself.

Taking a seat on the bed he gestures for him to sit beside him too.

"Yahan betho."

(Sit here.)

Siya's instinct has always been to follow instructions, which is why she immediately takes a seat next to him careful to keep a healthy distance between them.

"Are you feeling better?"

Siya nods her head.

"Koi problem toh nahi hui na kal raat?"

(Did you have any problems last night?)

Siya shakes her head.

"Tumhe kisi cheez ki tension lene ki zaroorat nahi hai. Okay? I'll take care of everything."

(You don't have to worry about anything.)

Siya nods her head again. And not once in their small conversation did Siya look up from her hands. This causes Rudra to sigh before he turns to face her.

"Siya, dekho mujhe ghoom phira ke baat krni nahi aati. Toh siddha point pr aata hun. Aur mujhe jawad bhi siddhe hi chaahiye. Okay?"

(Siya, look I don't know how to talk in circles, so I'll get straight to the point. And I want straight answers.)

Siya again nods her head.

"Mein tumse shaadi krne ke liye tyaar hun. Pr meri kuch shaartein hai. Manogi?"