Illiterate - Leaving

"What?!?"

"Really?"

Suresh and Ravi say together. Ravi also sits down and watches his cousin's expression, immediately he knows something has happened. He knew that this was his chance to get his cousin out of there.

"Aunty, aap sach ke rahi hai? Hum mein se kissi ko koi problem hai. Agar Siya ki haan hai toh humari bhi haan hai."

(Aunty, are you saying the truth? None of us has any problems. If it's a yes from Siya, then it's a yes from all of us.)

Ravi's enthusiasm gave away his desperation and Rudra just couldn't fathom the kind of torture the girl next to him must have faced.

Suresh and Vaishali tried their best to stop the alliance, but Ravi's encouragement and Damini's tight hugs made Siya reconsider. It wasn't until Rudra turned to her, smiled and said it was a yes from his end too did she turn to her sole protector in the house and give him a slight nod.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Bohot shaunk hai shaadi ka ladki? Abhi saare shaunk nikal ta hun."

(You're very eager to get married, girl? I'll take out all your eagerness right no.)

"Nahi, baba. Usse haath bhi nahi lagana."

(No dad, don't even touch her.)

Ravi stood in front of her in her defence and she clutched his shirt. The Suryavanshi's had just left, and the couple was already ready to cause harm.

"Bola tha na. ki maana krna hai. Itni himaat kahan se aa gayi ki meri baath mani nahi? Abhi saari himaat nikal ti hun."

(I told you. To say no. Where did you get the courage to not listen to what I had said? I'll take all that courage out.)

Vaishali picks up her jutti and walks toward the Siya.

"Maa, haath bhi maat lagayi ga. Mein bata rahan hun aapko ki-"

(Mom, don't even touch her. I'm telling you-)

Ravi's voice gets interrupted by a rougher masculine voice.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai?"

(What is happening here?)

It was Rudra. His mother had caused a fuss and made him go back to see if Siya was okay. She had a feeling something was wrong. Rudra observed the jutti in the hands of Vaishali, Suresh standing right next to her. He also saw the girl who was going to become his wife, on the floor, scurrying away as Ravi stood defensively in front of her.

"Rudra bhai! Aap please Siya ko bahar le jayiye. Maa aur baba ko mein dekhta hun."

(Brother Rudra, please take Siya out. I'll handle mum and dad.)

Rudra came forward and looked at Ravi and his determination as he helped Siya up.

Siya blushed beet red when she felt Rudra hold her shoulders and pull her up. She turned away to hide her stupid tears and the hand prints on her cheek.