Chapter 3: The Baseball Idiot's Boss

Sora's nerves had been worn to a frazzle since Takashima had invited her to Seidou. Sawamura had been overjoyed and very supportive, but her own mind had been blank ever since. She also had talked things over with her family and their reactions had been nothing but positive as well.

Ten had been reluctant about the fact that it was Seidou's baseball team she had been invited to after the recent events, but nevertheless her elder brother still acknowledged that Sora loved that sport even now and thus should go and give it a try if she really wanted to. Besides she didn't really know why Takashima wanted her to talk to the coach of the baseball team. Sure, she had seen her play with Sawamura and she was a scout, but could she as a girl be scouted in a baseball powerhouse consisting of boys? Maybe they wanted her for the softball team? Did Seidou even have a female softball team?! Or they wanted to use her for training the boys or as a manager position?

Well, even if it wasn't for baseball or softball, fact was her family was going to move to Tokyo, so Seidou High School was as good an opportunity as any other High School in the same area would be. At least she already knew someone there. Sora was glad that she had made friends with Sawamura. He was a lovely little dork and his energy was contagious. Not to mention, the brown haired southpaw reminded her much of her older brother. Or rather his attitude. They both were equally hot-headed, protective and in a good way sometimes also idiotic. But the young pitcher was definitely louder. Much louder!

Sora sighed, getting off of her father's car. Her parents were in Tokyo the whole weekend because of the wellness center and their moving plans, so they had taken Sora with them. It was Friday and they had allowed her to skip school for the purpose of visiting Seidou. Ten had gone back to his college to make his own arrangements. He too would transfer, because he didn't want to live in the dorms and he wanted to start working part-time in the family business under their father's supervision besides his college lessons. That would only be possible if he studied near their new home.

Everything about Seidou screamed elite school for rich and prestigious kids. It was huge, it was clean, classy and definitely professional in more ways than just baseball. Sora didn't want to admit it, but she was impressed. Only the huge front gate alone left a permanent impression behind. The blue haired girl gulped audibly. Was it really okay for a country pumpkin like her to be around? She felt uneasy as if she was truly offending someone just with her presence.

Luckily for the young girl, she got picked up by her new friend. She could see Sawamura running towards her, waving one of his arms and grinning from ear to ear. Just as she remembered him.

"Sora!" he shouted gleefully over the whole school yard that was thankfully empty right now because it was still during teaching time.

"Hey Eijun. Thanks for coming" She offered a high-five and the brown haired boy accepted happily, nodding his head.

"Sure!"

The pitcher started walking, stretching his body and crossing his arms behind his head lightheartedly. Sora followed behind, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Just being with her new found buddy and seeing him again lightened up her mood quite effectively. As they walked over the large compound together, Sawamura tried to explain the locations a little bit to the blue haired girl, but she couldn't follow up everything he said.

"The bosse's office is this way. C'mon, follow me"

Sora spluttered before being able to cover her mouth and to contain herself.

"You call your coach boss?!"

What kind of authoritarian military hierarchy did the Seidou team have?! But Sawamura scratched the back of his head sheepishly, giving her an apologetic look.