Chapter 28: The Baseball Idiot's day off

Way too early in the next morning a grumpy Sora was woken up by her phone that didn't want to quit buzzing. She turned a few times in her bed before grumbling displeased and grabbing her phone.

When she looked at the screen and opened her newest messages from the third year group, the blue haired girl couldn't hold back wholehearted laughter anymore.

Kominato had sent a new picture with a completely startled Miyuki and Kuramochi, panicked expressions on their faces and almost falling out of their bunks in Sora's room they had occupied against her will. Beside the shortstop there was Isashiki standing with an empty bucket showing a victory sign and a malicious grin and next to the brunette catcher Yuuki stood also with an empty bucket with his brows furrowed down on his successor captain. The two boys were fully covered with crushed ice and it seemed like their upperclassmen had not so gently woken them up by dumping it on them during their sleep.

Below the photo, Yuuki had sent a text message, promising that they had taken care of things, that he had lectured Miyuki and Kuramochi accordingly and that something similar wouldn't happen again, followed by a few answers of the guys who hadn't been partners in crime complimenting Kominato, Isashiki and Yuuki for the idea and also for putting it into action.

After having calmed down a bit, Sora also sent a reply, saying: "Thank you very much Tetsu-senpai, Ryou-senpai, Jun-senpai! You guys are awesome, couldn't have done it any better! See you later at the café."

Then she opened the other group chat, restraining a second laughing fit.

Baseball Idiots for Life!

Cap Cannon: Okay Sora, I know you were the one setting the third years on us! Be prepared for revenge!

Cap Cannon: Sawamura, you too! What do you think taking pictures of us sleeping? Creep!

Cheetah: Goddamn right!

Cheetah: By the way... What the fuck did we miss yesterday?! So many messages!

Cheetah: SORA! What the hell do you think you're wearing?! You shouldn't be working like that!

Sora: Serves you right! That's punishment for breaking into my dorm room without me even knowing. And leave Eijun alone, who are the real creeps here?!

Cap Cannon: We didn't break in! I have a key! What are you taking us for, huh?!

Sora: You know that's not making your situation any better, do ya? Why in the ever-loving hell would you have a key to my dorm room without my knowledge and permission?! And how often do you use it?!

Cap Cannon: Aw, Sora... And there I thought I was always welcome?

Sora: Just why did I trust you with this?! It wasn't meant like that and you know that!

Cheetah: Wait, so you didn't give Miyuki the key?

Sora: Hell, no! Why would I?!

Cheetah: You bastard betrayed me?!

Cap Cannon: Small details...

Cheetah: I'm gonna kill you!

Sora: Please go ahead...

Lucky Boy: Sora-kun, you informed our senpais about this?

Sora: Yup. Your brother was very eager to help me out, actually. He's a caring one, Haru. You should be proud.

Lucky Boy: Oh my... Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this?!