Chapter 20: The blonde Baseball Idiot (Part 1)

"The Narumiya Corp is our first sponsor?!" Sora cried out in utter disbelief, much to her family's surprise.

"Indeed. Narumiya-san is a very successful and influential businessman and on top of it very interested in sports and athletes, especially when it comes to baseball. He is known as a sponsor for many different athletes or whole teams and he usually provides them not only with money, but also with equipment, helpful contacts, information and helps them with networking", her father explained with an impressed expression, not noticing how his daughter made a face and stuck her tongue out at the name of their new sponsor. "We received his attention because we can be of use for not only injured athletes to help with rehab and recovering, but also for massages and relaxation during their usual training routine. If we are lucky enough, he will send us many of well-known players who are also sponsored by him and we will be able to make a name for ourselves not only in Tokyo, but also beyond. He promised us that with his influence and with many famous baseball teams visiting our facilities that our business would exceed our own expectations over some time"

Also Sora's mother nodded her head and agreed with her husband's explanation.

"And on top of it, Narumiya-san has also a son who plays baseball. He is one year older, but same grade as you and he is also a pitcher at a school called Inashiro Industrial here in Tokyo. Apparently, he is the ace, so he is really good and also popular. I'm quite sure with your love and knowledge about baseball you might already know Mei-kun, Sora"

"With that information of course, we couldn't help it but to brag a little bit about you. Sorry, if you're embarrassed by that, but we're so proud of you that we told Narumiya-san about you", her father started again and confessed, causing Sora's jaw to drop. "Although the conversation got kind of private after that, Narumiya-san and also Mei-kun were very much interested in the fact that a girl was good enough to play in a team like Seidou's. They had nothing but praise for you, Sora. Just imagine that. Such an important businessperson acknowledged your skills instead of being against your enrollment in a powerhouse for boys only. He even said that both of your coaches in your Junior High made the wrong decisions and that they should've supported you much more to be able to stay in the team"

"Whoa, awesome!" even Ten cheered with sparkles in his green eyes. "So, my peanut impresses everyone, huh?! Isn't that amazing, Sora?"

"What the hell is amazing about telling our archenemy my secret?!" Sora shouted in shock. "I'm happy that you're proud and all, but Inashiro is Seidou's biggest obstacle to overcome and those bastards were at fault for Eijun's yips! Not to mention that this Narumiya guy is an even more arrogant prick than Kaz and that's almost impossible. I'm sure the blonde venom will use all the helpful information against us in the next game. Maybe he'll even announce it in the press to damage Seidou's and Kataoka's reputation! Oh... c'mon guys, what have you done?! Seriously!"

"Sora, would you not talk like that about someone you've never met before?!" her mother scolded with slight anger in her voice. "I thought that I taught you better than having prejudices like that. Accusing Mei-kun, the son of our sponsor, do you know that we could get into big trouble if you were to say something like that in front of other people? I have to admit that he was a little... special. But Mei-kun is in fact a very well-behaved and nice boy and he wants to meet you. He basically insisted"

"Not to mention that his father ordered him to keep quiet about your secret and even if he hadn't done that, Mei-kun promised so himself. He said that he doesn't need underhanded methods to win a baseball match and that his skills as an ace alone were enough to beat Seidou a thousand times if he just wanted to", her father added again, crossing his arms over his chest.

Sora raised her eyebrows.

"See? Arrogant prick, I told you so!"

Ten tried to suppress a chuckle, but without success. Soon he sat beside his parents and laughed somewhat wholeheartedly. Their mother just sighed and shook her head.