Chapter 26: Baseball Idiots heart-to-heart

"...EEEHHH?!..."

"S-So, Sora was Kuramochi's fake date?!" Isashiki yelled, receiving a pointed glare from Yuuki and a chop on his head from the older Kominato because of his too loud voice.

"Yup"

The blue haired girl smirked mischievously and held up a victory sign.

"I can perfectly take care of my teammates by myself, thank you very much!"

"Mhhh... Possessive, are we?"

"Oh, Ryou-senpai... You've got no idea, really..."

The pink haired male chuckled with a meaningful glance at the blushing mess who had once been a proud shortstop.

"I think it is nice of you to help and to support your teammates, Sora", Takigawa praised with his arms crossed comfortably over his chest. "But in this particular case maybe you shouldn't have encouraged a lie"

Yuuki, the former captain of the team nodded along with his usual stern look on his face.

"Lying is never a good option"

Even Miyauchi let out his signature grunt through his nose.

"If you're a man, you gotta be honest!"

"Ugah!" Masuko let out a strange noise and everybody just assumed that he was affirming the catcher's statement.

Sora sweat dropped. Well, she got their point, but...

"Guys... aren't you taking this matter a little too seriously?! I mean, not that I don't get where you're coming from, but this is... uhm unexpected"

"Yeah, true", Kuramochi agreed, having calmed down a bit. "I thought you'd be teasing us with this and stuff. I was prepared to be made fun of like the last few days, but a lecture now...?!"

"Well, we are still your senpais", Tanba remarked matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, true. But I guess you're also right when you're saying that this is rather funny. Since no harm was done to anybody and you already seem to have noticed your own mistake, I think we can leave it at that", Sakai said, leaning back a bit in his seat.

"And make fun of you again", the older pinkette added maliciously.

"Aniki!" his younger brother scolded slightly with a worried glance at his green haired fielding partner.

"Can we get back to the point that the shrimp acted like a girlfriend for this lil' bastard over here?! Besides, he's still wearing the female attire! Go get dressed for cryin' out loud!" Isashiki chimed in again and pointed his finger accusingly at Sora who started snickering to herself.

"My, my Isashiki-senpai... Never thought I could rattle you with my appearance like that..."

The former center fielder blushed heavily, including his ears.

"I think Sora looks hella awesome though!" Sawamura suddenly spoke up and tilted his head to the side a bit as if to find the problem in her clothing.

"Aww... Thanks, Eijun"

To everybody's astonishment even Furuya nodded his head.

"It suits you"

"Whoa, Furuya-kun. It's rare for you to compliment someone so openly!" the younger Kominato wondered, causing his fellow first years to hum in agreement.

The dark haired ace just shrugged it off with his typical calm and neutral expression.

"Just telling the truth"