Chapter 31: A drunk Baseball Idiot

Sora was on her way to a nearby konbini with Asou, Seki and the bald Higasa to get some drinks and snacks for the rest of the team waiting in Kuramochi's and Sawamura's room. Or rather, the rest who had decided to come and join them, since obviously the whole Seidou team didn't fit into only one dorm room.

There was a brand new type of iced tea out for sale and Asou had sworn that this was the best drink you could possibly get since it was isotonic, with less sugar and calories and still very tasty. So, since he had been that fired up about it and the vending machine on the Seidou compounds obviously didn't provide the newest creations, his best friend Seki, Higasa and Sora had agreed on accompanying him to the small store. Plus, it was a good opportunity to buy some other stuff they didn't offer at Seidou as well.

"If we're eating that much sweet and salty snacks, the saved calories from the iced tea will completely go to waste!" Asou complained while Seki and Sora were filling the shopping basket with happy smiles on their faces.

"Chill, Asou not everyone of us is holding a diet", the blue haired girl gave back nonchalantly. "It is admirable that you're able to contain yourself so disciplined, but I wouldn't even last half a day!"

The grumpy field player blushed after Sora's compliment and escaped into another corridor to hide his reddened face from his teammates. He packed his own basket with cans of his favorite drink for the whole group waiting at home. But there was something else he wanted to look for, so he came back to the blue head and asked her to take care of it.

Sora and Seki went ahead, paying for the snacks and the drinks and took the shopping bags to wait outside since Higasa and Asou were leafing through some sports magazines. The young girl was holding the iced tea, while her cheery teammate was carrying the food, until they stepped out of the konbini and Sora got violently bowled over by a young man who seemed to be utterly stressed out and in a huge hurry.

As they both fell, they let their shopping bags fall to the ground as well. While the blue haired girl landed on her butt, the pale young man plopped straight on his face right in front of the two young High Schoolers. When he realized what he had done, he jumped to his feet hastily, grabbing his bag and bowing multiple times very, very deeply while apologizing frantically like he had committed a major crime. However, as Seki helped the blue head up on her feet, the weird guy already ran off again.

"Na! What a strange dude! Na, Sora? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Thanks, Seki"

Sora dusted off her clothes and picked up her own shopping bags with the canned iced tea when Asou and Higasa came running through the sliding doors with worry written all over their faces.

"Oi, everything okay here?!"

"We saw someone crashing into Sora through the window"

"No worries, guys, I'm good. No injuries", the young girl reassured her teammates and they both exhaled audibly.

"Na! Our Sora is a tough one, na"

"Hell, don't worry us like that, moron!" Asou grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, but that this strange guy completely steamrolled me was certainly not my fault, ya know", Sora shot back displeased. "More importantly, you guys... Do you want to go back in or do you have everything you wanted?"

"We bought some magazines and also some notebooks for school, so we've got everything", Higasa said holding up another shopping bag with Asou nodding along and putting his hands into his pockets.

"Let's go back!"

On the way back to Seidou, the boys were discussing their weight training and different kinds of muscle groups and schedules and Sora told them about her own focus on strengthening her core and Miyauchi and Tanba helping her with it.