A New Life

Olivia's POV

I woke up in some sort of booth that looked like it belonged in a diner. I hopped off the table but fell onto my hands once I felt a sharp pain in my back. I lifted my shirt to see a white bandage wrapped around my torso.

"What happened?" I asked myself.

"You escaped Battery City and BL/ind," I man's voice said.

I squeaked in terror and hid under the table.

The person speaking walked closer to me, so I could get a better look.

A man with bright red hair, a blue dead Pegasus jacket, and a yellow ray gun walked to the table I was under.

"You don't have to hide," he said while holding his hand out to me, "I promise I won't hurt you."

Reluctantly, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me from under the table.

"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered.

"My name is Party Poison," he informed.

"Your mom named you that?" I asked, astonished.

He chuckled, "No, kiddo. My real name is Gerard, but when you're in the zones, you need a codename. What's your name?"

"I'm Olivia," I told him, "Olivia Grey."

"Nice to meet you, Olivia. How old are you?

"I'm nine, Party."

Party looked like he was debating something in his head, then nodded to himself.

"You've been asleep for quite some time, Olivia."

"How long?"

"Three days, sugar."

"That's long."

"Yeah, it is. Wanna meet my friends?"

"I think I'd like that."

Party stood up, with my hand still in his, and brought me to a big room where three other guys were sitting.

The first person to notice our presence was a man with bleached blonde hair, a bright red jacket, a yellow shirt with back animal prints, and a bright yellow helmet with a cartoon face and "GOOD LUCK" painted on the visor. He nudged the man who wore a black leather jacket with the American flag on the back, black pants, black boots, sunglasses, and an afro. The last man to notice us had long, messy, black hair, a T&T vest, a black and yellow striped shirt, and a wristband.

We were all standing in silence until Party Poison broke it.

"Boys," he announced, "this is the new member of the Fabulous Four."

The three other men cheered which made me giggle and blush.

"Olivia, this is Fun Ghoul, Jet Star, and my little brother, Kobra Kid!" Party said pointing to each other them.

"Hi..." I said shyly.

"Guys, this is Olivia," Party introduced, "She's nine."

Before any of them could say anything, Fun Ghoul ran towards me, picked me up, and spun me around. The boys yelled and him and told him to be careful of my back. I quickly got acquainted with him and everyone else.

^^^^^vvvvv^^^^^vvvvv^^^^^
            /// ////   O    ///// //

A couple of hours later, the five of us were sitting in the booth. I was in-between Party and Kobra, while Jet and Ghoul were across from me.

"So," Ghoul started, "You're a nine-year-old who escaped by herself. That's not possible, where are your parents?"

That question brought an awkward tension to the table. I didn't want to answer that, but I wanted them to get to know me more.