Her Message

Toxic Ghost's POV

Jet, Kobra, and I sat in front of my stunned dad, Dr. Death Defying, and Show Pony after I had told them about my dream. 

"What did she tell you again?" Dad asked for a recap.

"Just that I need to practice using my abilities, I'll save Battery City, her soul is trapped, and she'll visit me again," I explained.

"Wow," Cherri still seemed stunned, "that's a lot to take in."

"You're telling me," I scoffed, "and..."

"And, what, Toxic?" asked Dr. D.

"She reminded me that my birthday is in three days."

"You're turning ten in three days?" Dad asked, trying to lighten the remorseful mood.

I nodded and smiled.

"I guess that means I'll have to take you out on an adventure that day, yes?"

"I would love that, Dad." I smiled brightly.

"Cool. So, what do you want to do first- target practice or practice your powers?"

"Let's do target practice first. I need to work on my aim."

"Alright, follow me."

After saying goodbye to Jet and Kobra, I followed Dad to the backyard of the radio station and we began working on my aim.

*******************************

"You wanna take a snack break, Toxic?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, I'm tired, too," I answered.

"Then you can rest after you eat."

I smiled and followed Dad into the radio station. We sat and ate the dry cereal Party and the other three killjoys gifted Dr. D, Show Pony, and my dad.

"So," my dad started, "what do you wanna do for your birthday?"

"What can we do?" I asked.

"I don't necessarily like killing, but we need to do it to survive. So, ready for your second fight?"

"Yeah, I guess so- wait how did you know about my first?"

"Ghoul told me. He was so proud and excited about it. He's pretty weird but he's hilarious and we love him."

"Yeah, I love him too."

"So, It'll be you, me, and the four killjoys. Unless you want to invite your new boyfriend Mad Gear."

"He's not my boyfriend!" I blushed, "I'm too young for that."

"I agree," Dad chuckled, "if your mother knew about him, she'd-"

"She does!" I interrupted.

"What?"

"Mom does know about Mad Gear. And the Ultra Vs, and the four Killjoys, and Dr. D and Show Pony."

"Well, of course, she knows Dr. D and Show Pony, but how does she know about everyone else?"

"I told you. She's not gone. She said her soul is with us. I bet she's in the room with us now."

Dad smiled and looked around, "I know she's here."

*****************************

"Bye, Pony! Bye Dr. D! Bye Dad!" I waved as I left the radio station with Party's hand in mine.

"It's getting dark out here, we should hurry home," Party stated while moving his long dyed-red hair out of his green eyes.

"Okay!" I chirped and skipped to the Trans AM.

"Slow down," he chuckled and teasingly said, "Someone's excited. Why? Excited to go see Mad Gear?!"

"No! Why do people always do that?" I groaned, "And I'm excited about my birthday and not to see ANYONE!"

"You won't be excited to see me?" Party asked fake offended.

"I see you every day!"

"Yeah, but seeing me on your birthday will be MUCH different."

"How?"

"Well. I'll be wearing a long purple dress to symbolize your favorite color, I'll have a tiara and a sash that says 'birthday girl' on it, I'll put makeup on-"

"No! Stop, stop. As much as I want that to happen, where would you get that stuff?"

"We'll make it."

"Party-"

"I don't wanna hear any doubts coming out of you, okay? Whenever I say I believe you can do something, I want you to know you can do it. Don't focus on the negative side of things, focus on how much control you have over something. You're a strong and smart girl, Olivia. Start proving to others all that you can do. I love you, and I believe in you, Olivia."

I was stunned for a second. Party was right. I need to believe in myself more and stop doubting myself. I can't keep standing in my own way. I need to act now. I need to get ready to save my mom's soul. I need to avenge her. I need to destroy Battery City.

******************************
WORDS: 742

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm in a rush. I need to go! Byeeeeeeee