Mad Gear and Mom

The Fabulous Four never told me to hide my abilities from others, but I still am. I don't trust anyone here, honestly, so I'm just gonna keep my secret within a small circle of people, the Fab Four, the Ultra Vs, Dr. D, Show Pony, and my dad... and Mad Gear. Given that he's my best friend, I could never keep secrets from him, so I am gonna tell him about my newly adapted, powers.

Mad Gear and I are currently sitting in this deserted area we found while exploring. The only thing here is a growing tree we found. It's the same height as us and doesn't have that many leaves. We love this tree because it reminds us that there is still natural life out there. A life that isn't controlled by BL/ind.

"I love this tree," I stated with a smile, "I find comfort in it whenever I'm in doubt."

"Really?" Mad Gear inquired.

"Yeah. It means there are still lives out there that aren't controlled by BL/ind. There could be people who have found a haven, like us!"

"It's amazing how a nine-year-old could have such deep thoughts, young ones these days surprise me."

"Okay, first of all, you're a year older than me and i turn ten in a couple of days. Second of all, you're still young and dumb. And third of all, I don't mean to have such deep thoughts, I just... do. After everything with BL/ind had occurred."

"I'm just gonna ignore the fact that you called me dumb, and say that we've matured. You've matured. It's alright, though. You can't act like an immature child during these times- especially not in the zones. We had no choice but to grow up."

"And we need to trust and understand each other completely to work together without a problem..."

"What are you saying?"

"No secrets, okay?"

I held my pinky out. Mad Gear looked at it, then looked back up at me skeptically. After a couple of seconds, he finally hooked his pinky with mine and agreed.

"No secrets."

"Since keeping secrets from each other is mutually agreed that it is unallowed, I have something to tell you. That I've known about for a couple of days."

"What?"

"Okay, you know how I found out Cherri Cola was my dad?"

"Yeah, so?"

"I also found out about my mom, and that I have..."

Mad Gear took one of my hands in his.

"Hey," he said, "it's okay if you're not ready to tell me. I understand. My mom always told me never to pressure anyone to get information from them unless they did something wrong."

"No, no," I smiled at his patience, "I am ready, I just don't know how to tell you."

"Just... tell me! Don't think about it, just say it. I probably won't judge."

"I'm just gonna ignore the fact you said 'probably' and just say it. Please keep a straight face and believe me. I found out that I have these... abilities."

"Abilities? What abilities?"

"It's better to show than to tell."

After saying that, I waved around both my arms to create a large wind. It wasn't just normal wind, it was purple and surrounding us.

Mad Gear looked astonished and a little scared. He stood up quickly and tried to touch it. Before he could, I got rid of it.

"How'd you do that?"

I explained to him everything I learned about myself, my mom, and my dad. Everything Dad told me, I repeated to Mad Gear. We were sitting in silence after I finished talking. Gear was about to speak until we were interrupted by a distant 'meow'.