Chapter 09

"Oppa.. Will you tell me what really happened between you two?" Gyuri asked as the two are now sitting on the sofa watching a tv show together.

Mingyu glanced at his sister before he averted his gaze back to the tv screen followed by sigh soon after.

"Please.. I promise I'll call you oppa from now on." She pleaded while giving him puppy eyes.

"Yah! I'm your brother and you should've always call me oppa!" He nagged making Gyuri laughed.

"Okay, okay. Please tell me, Mingyu oppa."

"Alright, I think it's better if you know.."

Gyuri sat properly.

"You remember the girl from the polaroid?" Gyuri nodded her head.

"She was actually my girlfriend."

"HUH?" Her eyes widened.

"WHAT?! WAIT. HOLD ON." Gyuri hold her head with both her hands.

"So, it's not Wonwoo's girlfriend? Really?" Gyuri furrowed her eyebrows while at the same time squinting her eyes, it's not that she didn't believe her brother but it's just hard for her to register it into her brain.

"He told me the truth that he actually loved my girlfriend. I felt bad for him but what can I do? I love my girlfriend and she loved me too. So one day, I can't believe he kissed my girlfriend right in front of me." Gyuri choked as she punched her chest.

"HE WHAT."

"I got really mad and my girlfriend ran after me. I didn't care about her. She kept trying to chase me. But.." Tears fell down Mingyu's cheeks. Gyuri hold his hand firmly as she slowly caresses her brother's hair.

"She got into an accident and.. Passed away." Mingyu started crying.

Gyuri was in literal shock. She couldn't believe Wonwoo could do such vile things to his best friend, her brother. Mingyu trusted Wonwoo so much more than he trusted his own little sister.

She felt really bad for her brother, she regretted asking her brother to tell her when it actually hurts him to even remember it.

"He's such a jerk. How could he did that?" She made a grimaced look.

"Don't cry oppa, it's not your fault.. It's definitely Wonwoo's fault for trying to steal your girlfriend away and for causing everything." Gyuri gently rubbed Mingyu's back while hugging him to calm him down.

Kang Sia
30.11.2005 ~ 17.07.2021

Gyuri frowned as that suddenly came to her mind.

"By any chance.. Is her name Kang Sia?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

-

"No way in hell!" Jiwoo yelled in horror.

"That's scarier than horror films. It's obviously Wonwoo's fault. If I ever found myself in love with my best friend's girlfriend, I would rather stay silent and keep it to myself. But Wonwoo was somehow, a fucked up man." Soonyoung shook his head, shivering.

"He could at least be honest with Mingyu about how he felt for Mingyu's girlfriend but kissing her.. That's obnoxious." Jiwoo made a disgusted face as she blinked her eyes.

"He sounded like this one psychotic obsessive kind of guy." She added.

"True." Soonyoung nodded his head.

"Now I see why Mingyu hates him so much. Even just by making an eye contact with Wonwoo pissed him off way too much. I got it now." Jiwoo nodded her head as well.