Chapter 10

Gyuri keep clicking her pen while pensively thinking when suddenly what Wonwoo had said to her the other day came to her mind, like a reminder.

"I hope you don't only depend on one side of a story."

"Hmm.. What did he meant by that?" She poked her chin.

When something clicked her head, she swiftly stood up.

"Jiwoo ah, I have somewhere to go." And by that, she ran out of the class.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" Jiwoo asked but it was too late since Gyuri was already out of the class.

Gyuri rushed her way to Wonwoo's class, she didn't even see that there was a wet floor sign and that's exactly when she slipped. But someone was fast enough to catch her before she could even completely fall to the ground.

Her eyes widened.

She could feel her heart beats faster.

"Are you okay?" Asked Wonwoo.

Gyuri cleared her throat and stood up properly, fixing her hair and skirt. Wonwoo became curious as to why she's here since this is a block for seniors' classes and that Mingyu's class was on the other side of the block.

The only thing that came to Wonwoo's mind is Soonyoung.

"Are you here to see Soonyoung?" Wonwoo frowned.

There was a moment of silence..

"Can I talk to you?"

He stayed silent. He only stared at her as if she's not worth even one second of his time making Gyuri felt really uncomfortable by his stare.

"Yes please, I've been wanting to talk to you as well." Wonwoo's statement somehow made Gyuri blushed.

The two went to the rooftop.

"What you said the other day.. What did you mean by that? About depending only on one side of a story?" She furrowed her eyebrows as she asked. Wonwoo took a deep breath before a sigh escaped his lips.

"You only heard Mingyu's side of story. What about mine?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well.. What does it matter? What Mingyu said are all true, there's no need to hear from your side of story. It's like telling the same story but just in your point of view. What's the difference?" She asked as she raised both her hands while shrugging.

"That's what you thought?"

"What difference would it make if you tell me your side of story?" She crossed both her arms together.

"You're right. It's not that I could turn back the time and change everything." He shrugged.

"But you told me that the truth will always come out, doesn't matter how late it'll be." Wonwoo turned his gaze to her.

"It's okay Wonwoo oppa, truth never lose. You just have to wait and the truth will reveal itself in no time. You just have to wait. And when the truth reveals itself, that's exactly when karma arrives." Gyuri flashed Wonwoo a reassuring smile as she tapped Wonwoo's shoulder.

"God, did I really said that? I was probably 12-13 when I said that. Don't believe what I said back then." She made a disgusted face.

Wonwoo pressed his lips together.

"I'm sorry that I rejected you. In fact, at that time, I did have a crush on you too but the fact that you're my best friend's younger sister, I thought it'll be really awkward for Mingyu." He bluntly confessed which made Gyuri's jaws dropped.