Chapter 12

"Right, I just need to avoid Wonwoo." Gyuri said to herself as she walked out of the school alone and that's exactly when she saw Wonwoo standing, she knew Wonwoo's actually waiting for her.

Gyuri tried so hard to be invisible from Wonwoo's sight. When she've been too far away from him, she sighed in relief knowing that she've successfully escaped from him.

Going inside the convenience store, Gyuri took a drink and when she was about to pay it, someone was fast enough to pay it for her.

"What are you doing?" She gave Wonwoo a disgusted look.

"I saw you trying to avoid me."

"And you knew I am avoiding you yet you still wanna be near me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You know, there's no reason for you to avoid me. I will never hurt you." Said Wonwoo as he gave her a questioning look.

"Of course you will never hurt me. If you ever did hurt me, Mingyu will literally dig a grave for you." She shook her head, grabbed the drink and went out of the convenience store only to have Wonwoo still following her.

"Stop following me!" She grumbled.

"I have something to say."

Gyuri turned to him and crossed both her arms.

"Don't we agree yesterday that it was the last time we ever talked to each other?" She frowned as she squinted her eyes.

"If you really want this to be our last time talking. Then hear me out, let me be honest. After that, I won't ever talk to you nor bother you ever again."

"That's what you said yesterday."

"I take it back."

Gyuri's mouth went agape as she stared at him with dubiety.

"Okay, I get that I am not your enemy since your enemy is only my brother. But then, what? What else? Why do you keep approaching me as if I am willing to entertain you?" She raised both her hands as she gave him a wondering look.

"I want us to be like how we are before."

"Huh?"

"It's just that.. I feel a little lonely after Mingyu and I became enemies." He murmured, Gyuri could barely heard him.

"You know how I used to spent my time 24/7 with you and Mingyu until your mom got worried of me not going home for 2 weeks straight thinking my parents might report me as a missing person." He added, trying to joke.

"Wonwoo ah, I'm not kicking you out but I'm worried your parents might think you're actually up to no good staying here for a long time. Have you actually informed your parents?" Mingyu's mother asked, evidently feeling very concerned.

"Relax aunt, I've informed my parents." Wonwoo chuckled.

"Besides, there's nothing to do there unlike here. I could play video games with Mingyu and help Gyuri with her homeworks." He said as he ruffled Gyuri's hair.

Gyuri let out a bitter chuckle.

"Have your mom ever asked you or Mingyu about me?" Wonwoo dared to ask.

"She did. She always ask how you're doing, why you're not coming anymore. But over the time, she stopped asking. Maybe she figured out why." She shrugged at the end of her sentence.

"Gyuri.." His voice sounded so low and soft when he called her name.

"Can't we go back to how we were before?" His question made Gyuri's heart skipped a beat.