Chapter 9 ~ Deception

Silence fills your house. Standing there grasping the letter, tears prick your eyes. Come on y/n, he was just a guy!

Blinking the tears away, one escapes and falls onto the paper. Placing it gently on the side and wiping your face with your hands, you slowly let the note sink in. Taking deep breaths, processing it word for word.

"it is immoral to continue what we have."

"You are hindering me"

"Your brother is my enemy and he always will be."

...

Your brother is my enemy and he always will be??

You swiftly pick the letter back up rereading that sentence. Running it through your head, analysing it over and over again. You can't quite place it.
But something doesn't feel right?

Would Sportacus really say that? Does he really think of Rob as his enemy? No, surely not, i'd be surprised if that man has hated anything in his life!

Whilst fiddling with the note, you flip it over an notice something written on the back:

I have left LazyTown for good. Don't come looking for me.

He left?! He would never leave!Pacing round your house you rack your brain for every explanation of this letter, yet none make sense. Except for one.
He didn't write the letter. It was someone else. Yet who in this tiny town could be so spiteful and evil to do this to someone...

"Robbie." you freeze

Why didn't you think of this earlier! He's annoyed with you, so he went through with the plan himself "I should've just done it by myself!" you think back to what your brother said earlier. Damn it!

You drop everything and bolt out your front door, towards your brothers lair. Making it to your brothers, you stop outside the front door, catching your breath. You slam your fist on the door multiple times "ROBBIE! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!" anger is clear in your voice. After some time with no response, you attempt it again "ROBERT ROTTEN!" the door starts to unlock and opens a crack "are you lost little girl?" Robbie taunts, mocking the fact you're his little sister. "What have you done to him?" You yell, ignoring his question "whatever do you mean?" he reply's, making a comedic confused expression. "Where. is. Sportacus?" you demand. Robbie frowns, shifting uncomfortably on his feet "I think you have the wrong house" he backchannels, attempting to shut the door. Planting your hand on the door, stopping it from shutting, you sinisterly glare at your brother. "Let me in" you growl, demanding entry. Robbie hesitates, looking, behind him then turning his attention back to you "fine. Come in sister" he spits back, saying sister like it's an insult. Walking in hastily, your eyes dart around his lair, looking for any sign of Sportacus.

"Sportacus?!" your voice echos through his cave. "Sorry to disappoint sister, but he's not here" he says patting you on the head "why don't I believe you?" you frown, crossing your arms. Robbie cackles "Because you never have. You've never trusted anyone!" You're hurt by his words as you know it's true. You've never really trusted anyone, you keep to yourself. That's how you've always liked it. "You just don't want to believe that what he said in the letter, was true" he cockily states, circling you like a piranha. You stand there staring at your brother in disbelief, wondering how he could say such hurtful things?

"Wait? How do you know about the letter?"
Robbie freezes "you mentioned it earlier" his eyes widen and he sounds flustered. "No. No I didn't" Robbie stares at you blankly "so it was you? you did write it" you say quietly, more to yourself than out loud, deep down hoping it wasn't true, and you were wrong. You glare at your brother expectingly. He clears his throat "well. you're too late, sportaflop is long gone" his hands collide and he rubs them satisfactorily.

"how coul- why...What is wrong with you?! you softly question, your voice sounding hurt. Once again asking your brother "Where is he?" you push, anger lacing your tone. Glaring at your brother, standing your own.
He rolls his eyes and slowly saunters over to you "Like i said. He. Is. Not. Here" he sounds out, making every syllable clear.

Little do you know, Sportacus is held in Robbie's Lair. Caged in the basement. Unconscious. Withering away.