Chapter-49

Sheryaar's pov

I left my room as soon as possible and walked towards my choti ammi jaan's room. I need to call her and ask her to help Marium. My mind is clouded with the things which took place in my life just in a few days. My plans were very clear regarding my life, marriage and everything but everything changed in a day. All my plans got destroyed in a blink of an eye.

What am I doing? Why am I doing this? Was I like this? No I was not! I love her so much that it hurts to hurt her. Why did she choose my money over me? Why did she cheat on me like this? She preferred luxury over me? How can she love someone else when she was mine?

My heart is paining so much that I just want to stand in front of her and ask her why she did that with me? Why? Just why? I tried to give her everything. I kept her in a good way then why this betrayal? The fake innocent face of hers makes me more angry than anything. Her eyes which are filled with innocence is a facade nothing else.

Women can bewitch anyone with their facade of emotions. I only heard about it before but now I witnessed it as well.

I had sent Sahir away after my Nikah with Marium. He is better out of the city. He is not needed in Srinagar.

Marium was mine from birth and no one can change it, not ever herself. I have written her in my fate with my own hands and now there is no going back. She has to face the consequences of her deeds. Her greedy father is dead and she is with me. Her mother, my aunt, is under my wings. Mehjabin is kept safe and the talks about her Nikah are going on as well. Soon she will be married.

Everything is settled for now and Marium needs to serve her punishment of betrayal.

When I feel that I am calm now she has been punished enough then I will show her my love. Till then hell is waiting for my darling wife. I loved her way too much. My love is limitless for her but it has turned into anger now and this anger will burn her into ashes.

I knocked on the door of Choti ammi jaan's room. She must be sleeping but I have to wake her up.

"Choti ammi jaan uthe, (wake up choti ammi jaan)" I called her loudly

"A rahe hai Sher (Coming Sher)" I heard her replying

After a few minutes she opened the door and worry was evident on her face.

"Kya Baat Hai sher? Sab khairiyat? Itni raat ko bula rahe hai ap? (What is the matter Sher? Is everything fine? You are calling at this hour of night.)" she asked me

"Marium ko apki madat chahiye ap zara hamare khwab gah me jaiye aur uski madat kijiye. Itni raat ko takleef dene ke liye mafi chahte hai. (Marium needs your help. Please go into my room and help her. I am sorry for bothering you at this hour of night)" I apologised to her

"Ya Allah Marium thik to hai na? (oh my Allah is Marium fine?)" She asked and I nodded mutely

She is still so caring about that ungrateful girl. Her son has done so many things and see the mother is not even aware of it. Choti Ammi Jaan is completely different from her son. One can question their relationship with each other.

She went into my room to assist Marium with her period. Somewhere, I am grateful that her periods came because I was not feeling well doing those things with her like this. I've always thought of making love to her rather than forcing it, and I'd like to do it with her consent because raping a woman is against my morals. I am killing my morals as well here just because of her. Why did you turn me into a monster, Marium? Why?

I went towards the balcony and saw that it was snowing outside. The night sky, in the form of snow, is crying on my misery. I hope it ends soon.

Author's pov