11: A Mermaid...

11: "A Mermaid Dress, Huh?"

~~~~~~~

[Tyler's POV]

"Now, Anastasia," Rosa said as she opened a closet door, "I know it's a little late; would you like to see something though?"

"Yeah, Mom, of course."

"Since you don't remember a lot of these past few years, I'd like to show the video of something I bet you've been wondering about."

Ana and I had filled in our family about the crash, the amnesia, the babies, and her condition; spending most of the time answering questions.

"What is it?" She asked her mother.

Mrs. Scott pulled out a DVD and slipped it in the player before taking a seat next to Anastasia, "You're wedding video."

My wife's eyes grew wide, "Oh my goodness, yay."

"You know, you don't have to watch this if you don't want to," I added.

"Actually, I do, Mom said- but why wouldn't I want to? This is a great piece of my history, and future, that I should know about since I can't remember it on my own."

I smiled in response and she nodded before turning towards the television. I watched along with her as the video began. I'd watched it a million times before, but every time felt like living it; and who wouldn't want to relive the best day of their life.

"Now, Anastasia," her mother said suddenly, "this is my cut of it, filmed with my camera so the beginning consists of like you in your dressing room, the ceremony, and all that jazz."

"All that jazz," I mumbled in unison with Ana. We glanced at each other then burst into some short-lived laughter.

"Shh, shh," Debra said, "this is my favorite part." I'd never seen the dressing room parts so we shut up and looked at the screen. There sat Anastasia in her wedding gown talking to her mother.

"You ready? You really love him, huh?" Her mother asked in the video.

She nodded and sniffed, "I do, I love him so much and I just wish he could've met Dad," as soon as she began to cry Mrs. Scott set the camera down and rushed to her side.

"Oh, mi cielo...mi hija hermosa. [Oh, my heaven... my gorgeous daughter.] I'm sure your father is looking down on you with such pride and love, he'd probably love Tyler just as much as you do. So don't cry amore... you'll ruin your makeup and then Mackenzie will kill you." The girl beautiful woman next to me laughed along with the woman in the video.

"I know, I'm sorry," she simpered as she dabbed at her eyes with the tissue her mom handed her, "I love him though, probably more than anything. I remember in college how much I hated, loathed actually, for no apparent reason. And I know it sounds extremely cheesy, but now he's my better half and I just know I'll feel the same way I feel now every single day for the rest of my life. He's the one."

I felt guilt almost radiate off of my wife as we watched the screen. The next part was a scene of the ceremony. Anastasia walking down the aisle. After a while it cut to me, crying like a baby, as I watched her walk towards me.

I remember thinking, 'This is unbelievable. I'm actually going to get the chance to marry this woman; to see and love her for the rest of my life.'

"Aww," Anastasia commented and rested her head on my shoulder, "you cried?"

"Of course I cried, I had something in my eye," everyone in the room scoffed at my lie, "... And it was one of the happiest days of my life."

"Aww, big bro was just head over heels, huh?"

"Oh, you know it," a quiet Caesar piped up.

I scrunched up my face, "Thanks so much for that, little brother."

"You are always welcome bro," he replied with heavy sarcasm as he landed a pat on my back.

-----------

[Anastasia's POV]

"So, a mermaid dress, huh? I always thought I was more of a princess style type of girl."

I lay in bed next to Tyler. He and I just sat in the dark staring at the ceiling; awkwardly trying not to accidentally touch the other.

"Oh you were, one hundred percent; I have no idea why you showed up in that type of dress. No one ever told me what changed your mind either."

~~~~~~~

*After You Read*

Filler chapter, short, I know. But any time there's a short chapter, an extremely long one isn't too far behind.

Thanks for reading.

XOXO,
Anna