30: Should A Song...

30: "Should A Song About Adultery Really Be Our Song?"

~~~~~~~

[Tyler's POV]

Everyone ignored me, their attention in Ana, "Would someone please explain?!" I yelled again.

A brunette woman appeared next to me, "I'm sorry, sir, but you have to leave the room."

"Bu-"

"Your wife is fine, she's in great hands with Dr. Lovett and her team. Now," she grabbed my arm and me blindly out of the room, "you can go wait in the waiting room, I'll come get you when I have more information."

"Information about what?"

She stayed quiet and dropped me off I'm the waiting area of the maternal ward. I glanced around in shock, only to be met with familiar faces. Elijah, Mackenzie, Ryan, Brenda, Caesar, Mrs. Scott, my mom, and even Felicia sat in a corner. When Felicia saw me, she jumped up and ran into my legs.

"Uh, hey, Felicia," my voice sounded foreign, emotionless.

By now everyone had noticed me and was waiting for my reaction as I approached them.

Mackenzie was the first to speak, "How are they? How's Staci?"

"Um," my voice felt strained, "they... are the most perfect things in the world." My mother stood up and gave me a hug.

It was Mrs. Scott that asked, "What about Anastasia?"

"She... I - I honestly don't know."

Before anyone could ask me anymore question, I walked off. I didn't even know where I was going until I stopped in front of the neonatal window. I didn't even have to look around before I spotted my sleeping babies. Mine, that's crazy.

You were just born and you're already the most important things in my world.

Suddenly, a man appeared next to me, "First time?"

"Um, yeah," I glanced at him. "Those two right there? Apparently mine." I pointed to them with a small smile on my face.

"Oh, dude, they're beautiful, and they look exactly like you."

I chuckled, " You think? That's what their mom said. What about you?"

"See that adorable little blonde girl right there?" he pointed to a baby in the upper right corner, "That's Angela and she's my fifth and looks exactly like her mother."

"Whoa, five?" he nodded, "Does it-"

"Get any easier? Never." We both chuckled before going into silence. "Gosh, their so beautiful those kids; trust me man, nothing gets better than this."

"I bet. How's your wife?"

"She's just sleeping it off."

"What, like a hangover?" I laughed. We talked a while longer, until the nurse that kicked me out of the room earlier called me from behind.

"Mr. Meyers, I've been looking everywhere for you; there's someone in your wife's room that wants to talk to you."

"Okay," quickly, I turned to the guy I was talking to, "nice talking to you..."

"Jackson, Jackson Hughes," he finished my sentence.

"Jackson, Tyler Meyers. Thanks, man."

"No problem, Tyler, maybe I'll stop by your room later; we'll compare angry, bedridden, post child birth wives."