25: Now, I'm Going...

25: "Now, I'm Going To Straddle You."

~~~~~~

[Tyler's POV]

I hate being overprotective.

She hates it when I get overprotective.

Can't stop though. I just love her so much, and I worry; I've been worrying since that night at college. I can't help it, protecting her is basically instinct nowadays.

Which is why that accident pretty much killed me. I'd spent all this time protecting her from... I don't know, life, and I couldn't even do that.

Anastasia has told me, many times, that the accident wasn't my fault. That there was nothing anyone could've done, because it wasn't something anyone expected.

There were a lot of factors that, on a normal day, wouldn't have mattered. Ana's slow driving, her leaving when she did. The other drive, Vince Reed, pushing on for a few more miles to the next rest stop because his haul had to be in Maine that Friday morning. But, for some reason, all those small factors on that day happening simultaneously both ended life and shook up a marriage that was rock solid not even an hour before.

We laid on on the bed, her hands in my hair "Stop," I heard Anastasia say to me.

I lifted my head up. We had to be somewhere soon, but it wouldn't hurt to lay there a little longer.

"What did I do?"

"Stop thinking about whatever you're thinking about."

"What am I thinking about?"

"Something negative. You're tense, the hair on the back of your neck is standing up, and if I don't know anything you else I know that you're a natural worrier."

I sighed, "Not worried, just thinking." She stayed quiet, "Hey, what do you remember so far?"

She thought for a second and I shifted so that my body was facing her. "Let's see, I, um- I don't remember a lot but I remember a few big milestones between us. Like how we met, our first fight, the accident, the night that you were my night in a shining leather jacket." She paused to take a breath. "Yeah, like I said, just a few things, but," she shrugged, "pretty important."

When I didn't say anything she sighed and said, "Sit up, lean back against the headboard."

"F-"

"Just do it, please." I did as I was told.

"Now what?"

"Now," she said, as she put one leg one either side of mine, "I'm going to straddle you; to make you feel better.

"You don't have to make me feel better."

"Yes I do, I'm your wife; apparently I signed up for this. If you get to worry, I get to try and make you stop." Anastasia poked my chest with a smile, "Tell me when I'm crushing your legs, okay?" I smiled and nodded. "Good, now gimme a kiss because I actually have to move, we've got to be at the hospital soon."

She gave me a peck, but it wasn't enough. I grabbed the sides her face just as she began to move away, kissing her for a few more seconds.

When I let her go she punched me softly, 'Stop, you always do that."

"Because you never give me enough love."

"Let me help you out," I told Anastasia as I turned the car off and got out, but my the time I was around the car she was already getting out. "You just don't listen; do you do that just to spite me?"