22: I Know I Sound...

22: "I Know I Sound Like A Fifteen Year Old Girl."

~~~~~~

[Anastasia's POV]

I took the food out of Ryan's hands. "Boom! Thank you, you're my new best friend."

Mackenzie scoffed from the other side of the room as he said, "Yeah, yeah, just don't tell Tyler."

"He'll never know. It's just- I'm 25 weeks and the man us depriving me of nearly everything, he's so cautious. But, today he's out of town for the last time until the triplets are born. So this is my last chance, in the next thirteen weeks, to eat whatever the heck I want without him freaking out, his favorite thing to do."

"Well, you're his only wife and these are his only kids," Mackenzie said as she sat on the bed in front of me, "he has the right to worry about you and even freak out sometimes."

"I know, but it just like consumes him or something. Makes my fun, sweet Tyler such a bummer."

"Oh, how's that going?"

"Alright," Ryan said, "this conversation is taking an uncomfortably girly turn. Too much talk of feelings and things. I'm gonna go."

"Okay, Ry." I told him.

"I'll see you soon, and Mac, I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Bright and early." He gave me a hug before waving to us both and heading out, closing the door behind him.

Once we were heard the front door close Mackenzie turned to me, "It's him."

"What's him?"

"I went to the doctor."

"Without me?"

"I wanted you to come-I really did- but you've got your own problems. I'm a big girl, so I went myself; turns out I'm like 13 weeks pregnant – morning sickness ends soon, thank God. But, I did a little math, and I seem to remember getting very drunk thirteen weeks ago. Then, hooking up with a man was also very drunk and in a very serious relationship."

"Ryan said they were broken up."

"Oh, that's bull, this is not Friends. It's Ryan and Amanda, of course they were getting back together, they always do. Do you know what this makes me?"

"It doesn't -"

"A whore, a homewrecker, a mistress -"

"Stop it, Mackenzie, that is too far. First of all, you may have helped him cheat, one time, but this is just as much his fault as it is yours. And I'm sure you can both agree on a plan of what you want to do about this. Have you told him?"

"Oh, no." She shook her head, "No, no, no, he doesn't need to know."

"He doesn't need to know?"

"It's fine; I'll just be that friend of his that got knocked up."

I raised my hand, "Sorry, position filled. By the way, what happens when you yell him you got pregnant by someone and he does a little math, hm?"

"I'm not that far yet, but I hope he feels so guilty that he keeps it to himself."

"You can't lie to your best friend, Mickey, we keep proving that to each other. You've always wanted a husband and kids and the whole American dream family. So, I know that if you out can't get the guy, you at least want to have a healthy relationship with him."