17: At Go-The-Hell...

17: "At Go-The-Hell-Away O'clock In The Morning?"

~~~~~~~

[Anastasia's POV]

I was freaking out.

Well, inside.

Apparently, it's bad juju to flip your wig while on a date with your husband.

I finally let Tyler take me out to dinner. We went out to a nice restaurant that forced me to dress up for the first time in, what felt like, ages. It was great, except for the fact that I was mostly focused on my baby anxiety. It'd been a almost two weeks since our doctors appointment, but my mind still reeled with questions and 'what if's.

By 9:30 he was already opening the door to the apartment - I wasn't very fun company at the moment. I stepped through first, he came in behind me and closed the door as he asked, "Hey, what's up?"

I turned to him, "Huh? Oh, nothing."

He looked like he didn't believe me, but grabbed my hand anyways, "Okay, good, let me walk you to your room then."

"Ah, look at who's still vying for that good night kiss."

"What are you talking about? I am just doing what any gentleman would do; there's no secret underlying scheme."

"Uh huh, sure."

He stayed true to his word and walked me all the way to the bedroom door. When we reached the door, he turned to fully face me.

"I had a great time," I said to him, "did I tell you that?"

He shook his head, "No, but I'm glad you did."

He kissed my cheek; it felt like he lingered there, making it last forever, but when he came up I felt like it had happened too fast.

I ignored my thoughts and reached for the bedroom doorknob. As I opened it I said, "Goodnight, Tyler."

"Not just yet, beautiful," he grabbed my hand just forcefully enough to whirl me around.

Within a second his lips were pressed to mine. I actually almost caved, starting to put a hand on his chest. Thankfully coming to my senses, I willed myself not to give in and gently pushed him away.

"No, Tyler, we can't... maybe next time."

"Anastasia," he glanced to the ceiling for a second before looking back at me, "when might soon be? We've been on so many of these dates and yo- you say that every time."

"I know, I just want to be one hundred percent sure that I feel something for you again before we do that."

"So, what, now you're saying that you don't feel anything for me?"

I unexpectedly found myself feeling flustered and angry. I held my hands up to my face, "That is so not what I said!"

"Well, what are you saying?"

I groaned in anger as loud as I possibly could. I'm sure the neighbours heard me. "Oh my gosh!"

"Wait..." he glanced around like he was unsure of our whereabouts, "how in the hell are you the one that's mad right now?"

"Because, I'm pregnant and emotional, dumbass!"

"Yeah, whatever, you know you always use that."

"Yeah, well..." I felt my anger diffusing by the second, "you're just going to have to deal with it because it's true."

His eyes softened, but his face stayed hard and angry. In his voice, I could tell that he was calming down too, " Your scapegoat makes fights real fair."